• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best UPgrade shaft for 29 spline 8.25

For the cost of shafts, why not get a complete stronger rear axle (ie Dana44)?

As for your question, I beleive superior makes the strongest axles. They make custom shafts, so... the specifics of you application shouldnt be an issue.

Because, a 29spline is close enough in strength to a Dana 44. Depending on his wheeling, he may not need the D44. I would get one just for the availability of parts and lower gears and such...but how many people have you personally seen frag a 29 spline?

Fergie

I have run Dutchman shafts in my 8.25 for 3 years now without issue.
Nice to have one less thing to worry about.
I am moving in to my (free) 44 after I spend an arm and a leg completing it, but I love my shaved 8.25 with my Dutchman shafts.
Shaved...shafts...
I am going to bed.

Last edited:
The strongest shaft you can get for that axle is a 1541H shaft from DM. Pricy, but they will make em for you. FYI 1541H is about 20-25% stronger than OEM 1040 steel. on the other hand, Yukon has been having some deals on their shafts made from 1050. 1050 is about 18% stronger than OEM 2040 steel.
bgcntry72 said:
I have run Dutchman shafts in my 8.25 for 3 years now without issue.
Nice to have one less thing to worry about.
I am moving in to my (free) 44 after I spend an arm and a leg completing it, but I love my shaved 8.25 with my Dutchman shafts.
Shaved...shafts...
I am going to bed.

Back