• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making Coil Spacers

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Have any of you guys made your own spacers? I need to level my lift off since my RC springs only gave me 2 1/4 inches of lift. I was thinking of using high density plastic. What are the demensions and do you have any tips. --thanks

i dont' see any reason why you could'nt do it, i've seen spacers make of metal, they are clunky and loud but still serve there purpose, i suppose you could use a really dense plastic or hard rubber. I'm not sure of dimensions but i believe the top of the spring shrinks down to about 2" or so, ya know you could take your stock coil isolator out or just take the wheel off and look at it and take dimensions from that, just make it taller so ya get some lift

seems like allot of trouble and work. RE has them for around 30 to 35 bucks I think. But if manufacturing your own stuff is what you like to do......... then I say go for it.....

Go to my how to section for all the details that you will need. And yes they are made from high density plastic.

i remember from and old post that someone used a poly cutting board from wall mart and cut out spacers ....

Back