• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Geographical area!

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
This is an excerpt from a rant in a different thread. I thought it was so nice that I would make it the start of its very own thread.

ME said:
...As far as a Chapter BOD, we need to wait and chose a geo. area to cover first. We dont want to elect rufies as our official pimp and then not include Ohio.

So lets quit jacking around and pick an area!

A 250 mile circle around Chicago will extend to such exotic places as Green Bay, Lacrosse, Iowa City, St. Louis, Paducah, Louisville, Cinci, Toledo, and most of the L.P. of Mich.

This is a starting point.

Feel free to add to it.

I support the 250 mile radius plus any other outliers that are in the "Midwest" and don't fall into the area of another chapter. The meet & greet/ meeting stuff will likely be limited to smaller areas, which is fine.

So how 'bout this: our first official motion to designate the Midwest chapter as covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin ( :wierd: ), Michigan, Ohio (?), Kentucky, Missouri (any I missed?)

I don't mind the idea of a broad Mama Midwest Chapter with smaller subgroups; they'll probably happen anyway, and this will just give us more numbers. If in the future the chapter becomes big enough to subdivide, we can climb that rock when we come to it.

Let's get organized and let the dirt clods fall where they may.

grasseater said:
I support the 250 mile radius plus any other outliers that are in the "Midwest" and don't fall into the area of another chapter. The meet & greet/ meeting stuff will likely be limited to smaller areas, which is fine.

So how 'bout this: our first official motion to designate the Midwest chapter as covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin ( :wierd: ), Michigan, Ohio (?), Kentucky, Missouri (any I missed?)

I don't mind the idea of a broad Mama Midwest Chapter with smaller subgroups; they'll probably happen anyway, and this will just give us more numbers. If in the future the chapter becomes big enough to subdivide, we can climb that rock when we come to it.

Let's get organized and let the dirt clods fall where they may.

Agreed

I also motion that the capitol of our Midwest Chapter... Chicago, be renamed as

"Lemminggrad" or "Beezikanstan" in honor of our most ardent supporter

026.jpg

Gil BullyKatz said:
Is that "tiger rock"? :dunno:

Sounds good .....

Les

grasseater said:

I think we should include Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas and Oklahoma, and remove any doubt regarding Ohio.

Where do the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana stand, BTW? Are they part of the Intermountain chapter?

Last edited:
Lawn Cher' said:
Where do the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana stand, BTW? Are they part of the Intermountain chapter?

After a brief search (Yes, I searched!) it appears that Wyoming is part of the Intermountain Chapter, and they had plans of including Montana at some point. So all that leaves is the Dakotas unaccounted for. Should we claim them? It doesn't really matter if we don't have much membership from there, or we never meet there, but it at least gives potential members from there a chapter to relate to in the future. As an example, the NAC still claims the Canadian Maritime provinces, but to my knowledge, there have never been any Canucks at any of the NAC events.

Lawn Cher' said:
After a brief search (Yes, I searched!) it appears that Wyoming is part of the Intermountain Chapter, and they had plans of including Montana at some point. So all that leaves is the Dakotas unaccounted for. Should we claim them? It doesn't really matter if we don't have much membership from there, or we never meet there, but it at least gives potential members from there a chapter to relate to in the future. As an example, the NAC still claims the Canadian Maritime provinces, but to my knowledge, there have never been any Canucks at any of the NAC events.

Hell yeah, let's claim them all! Leave no part of the nation untouched by NAXJA!

Come on!
Get real, If we are going to have a chapter, then we need to have a little smaller than 100,000 Square miles!
How can we have a fund faiser or a benifit or any thing with such a HUGE area.

WI, IL, IN, OH, MI.
Any thing bigger than that and it would be unpractcal.

I don't see much interest here.

Sad to say, I think Beezilbub is right.

hasta

Unless this board becomes more active it should be abandoned.

Perhaps we can give Phat his own forum here.

seanR said:
Come on!
Get real, If we are going to have a chapter, then we need to have a little smaller than 100,000 Square miles!
How can we have a fund faiser or a benifit or any thing with such a HUGE area.

WI, IL, IN, OH, MI.
Any thing bigger than that and it would be unpractcal.

I don't see much interest here.

Sad to say, I think Beezilbub is right.

hasta

Unless this board becomes more active it should be abandoned.

Perhaps we can give Phat his own forum here.

I've changed my opinion of the fact that we should start to think about selecting a BOD and quit debating geographics if this chapter is going to get off the ground. Whoever wants to be considered apart of the Midwest Chapter is welcome aboard. Just as long as they understand that most of our wheelin' will be in the the Great Lakes region. If somebody from Kansas wants to drive out to Attica or the the Pipeline then they should be welcomed into the chapter. As much as I hate to say it, I now believe Beezil was right on that point. Once we have "official" organization we can define our boundaries only to quantify the name Midwest Chapter, but we should still be open to anybody who wants to wheel with us and consider themselves a member of the Chapter no matter what state they call home.

We can debate this topic some more but there should be a thread discussing Chapter officers soon if we want Beezil to eat his words.

I agree with Scott. We should focus on the locals and move this thing forward. If someone from Utah or New York wants to be a member of the chapter, and is willing travel to Attica and other Midwest events, so be it. What purpose would be served to exclude an interested member. Can't we all just be friends?

Scott Mac. said:
Whoever wants to be considered apart of the Midwest Chapter is welcome aboard. Just as long as they understand that most of our wheelin' will be in the the Great Lakes region. If somebody from Kansas wants to drive out to Attica or the the Pipeline then they should be welcomed into the chapter... Once we have "official" organization we can define our boundaries only to quantify the name Midwest Chapter, but we should still be open to anybody who wants to wheel with us and consider themselves a member of the Chapter no matter what state they call home.

That was the underlying point in my suggestion of loosely encompassing the remainder of the country not already taken by existing chapters (except TX, AK & HI, lets be reasonable here, folks.) The majority of the membership will determine the primary locations for events, and those in outlying areas may have to travel to participate. At least they have a smaller sub-set of mother-NAXJA to relate to, and will therefore feel more included, which ultimately boosts membership numbers and potential locations for events that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Lawn Cher' said:
As an example, the NAC still claims the Canadian Maritime provinces, but to my knowledge, there have never been any Canucks at any of the NAC events.

SECRET MESSAGE for Candidate Lawn Cher'

In watching your power grab attempts over the Heartland hicks, I notice you have followed the same track as many politicians - misrepresenting the truth to make your point (whatever the hell it was).

If you had bothered to attend our last great NACFest, you would have had the opportunity to meet Lou from Ontario, who, besides filling up his XJ with Paragon stream water, also walked away with the 50-50 prize ($3,346,123.71 in Canadian Dollars - about 80 bucks US)

Don't worry, I won't say anything before the election, :shhh: If you win, then we can use this to blackmail you into allowing us to annex Mackinac County, MI - giving NAC shore frontage on all of the Great Lakes (and half of the tolls on the bridge for the Chapter Treasury).

Oh, and send us back all of the NAC checks (we already put a hold on the account).

Best of Luck though. :D

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Precisely why I used the caveat, "to my knowledge."

Ahhhh - the political weasel - the "CAVEAT".

So, you're admitting you don't have a clue!

Don't worry though, I've met your opponents and . . . . . uhhhhh . . . . . . hmmmmm . . . . . . ummmmmmm . . . . .

Well, we'll keep a spot open for you on the Delaware River Toll Commission.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Well, he has quite a few more years of experience with this kinda thing than I do. :worship:

Back