• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have Super swamper LTB?

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of Super Swamper LTBs (31s) and in the morning they make the xj shake like a belly dancer till they warm up. It is almost like in the afternoon, they are soft and over night, when they cool, they get out of round from sitting, then take a while to work that out. anyone else have this happen? I think that the tires are just so soft that they do this when cold.

dandecicco said:
I just got a set of Super Swamper LTBs (31s) and in the morning they make the xj shake like a belly dancer till they warm up. It is almost like in the afternoon, they are soft and over night, when they cool, they get out of round from sitting, then take a while to work that out. anyone else have this happen? I think that the tires are just so soft that they do this when cold.

Welcome to the world of bias ply tires.

Nay said:
Welcome to the world of bias ply tires.

Exactly, Bias ply tires like TSL SX, Boggers, TSL Bias (non-radial), MT Baja Claw (non-radial) will all do this. You need to really air them (2-4 psi or so) down too to get them to grip good off-road. They are cheaper for a reason and that is less streetability and greater off-road ability.

Back