• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to get extended brake lines?

Jeepin_rebel

NAXJA Forum User
Im goin up in lift from 3 up to 4.5 er so. Where is the best place to get new longer brake lines for the lowest price. Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Tomken, Explorer Pro Comp, Rubicon Express but cheaper is through their dealers not direct. Juice

buy a set off of a 943 YJ Wrangler 12-15 bucks each

3-4" longer, and are DOT certified.

If you haven't already, straighten out the hard line for an extra inch or two

GI-John said:
buy a set off of a 943 YJ Wrangler 12-15 bucks each

3-4" longer, and are DOT certified.

If you haven't already, straighten out the hard line for an extra inch or two
Is that stock YJ? Never really thought about bendin the hard line. How much longer will i need over stock for 4.5-5 inch lift?

Thx Ryan

Stock YJ lines work great for 4-5" of lift. Straighten the hard line for another couple of inches. My coupler on the hard line is mounted near the bottom of the "frame" rail. Drill a new mounting hole and "get 'er done"! :yap:

Thats some good stuff. Will save me a good bit.......now what about a track bar bracket? Easy to fab or should i order one.

Save yourself the time and hassle and just spend the money on a good one.

RE seems to be the popular choice, just make sure to get the HD tracbar/bracket combo, the non HD one is a POS (I know from experience)

I had a cheapo relocater bracket on mine and it kept coming loose so I scrapped the bastard and got a Skyjacker adjustable trac bar, $80.00 and it came with a free stabilizer.

Jeepin_rebel said:
Thats some good stuff. Will save me a good bit.......now what about a track bar bracket? Easy to fab or should i order one.

I hear that the JKS one is the shizzle for your lift height, but it is pretty pricey. I will be picking a used one up from a guy this weekend, hopefully.

OK think i might have found what im lookin for. Need opinions on the parts. I found a track bar drop from Rough Country($18).....will be tacked. I also found the transfer 1" drop kit from daystar($29). I have also seen these 1" taller motor mounts whats that all about? Would this be a good idea with the transfer drop?.......Im runnin on a tight budget , and am just tryin to get the parts befor i get back from Iraq. So i can put it together when i get home. Thanks alot yall for your help.

1" Motor Mounts usually go hand-in-hand with the SWB guys (TJ/YJ) when they do a 1" body lift since it helps keep the front of the engine in line with the radiator shroud and all that. I don't know that anyone has done a motor mount lift on an XJ...

If you want to save $30 and can swing through Colorado when you get back you can have my t-case drop; call it a 6er of Fat Tire?

Yucca-Man said:
1" Motor Mounts usually go hand-in-hand with the SWB guys (TJ/YJ) when they do a 1" body lift since it helps keep the front of the engine in line with the radiator shroud and all that. I don't know that anyone has done a motor mount lift on an XJ...

If you want to save $30 and can swing through Colorado when you get back you can have my t-case drop; call it a 6er of Fat Tire?
I sent you a PM ......my wife is in Denver right now.

Back