• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker v. Rubicon Express

95XJ_WheelinAK

NAXJA Forum User
right now i have a stock '95 XJ country and i'm wanting to lift it soon. i'm considering skyjacker and rubicon express suspension kits but don't really know which is preferred. i'm looking at going 6"-8" and runnin 35" BFG MTs. will i need new diffs with that much lift? Skyjacker or RE??

95XJ_WheelinAK said:
I'm looking at going 6"-8" and runnin 35" BFG MTs. will i need new diffs with that much lift? Skyjacker or RE??

It's not the lift that dictates your differential ratio, it's the tire size. And you would need to get new or retool your diffs to keep your engine in the proper power range.

As a note, you would also need to get longer drive shafts and wedges under your axles. I'd also get a TC drop as well

I have an RE and its nice, but get others opinions and choose after much debate.

I agree w/Pablo - it's going to be more exensive than you think to complete the lift. Lift, SYE, driveshaft(s), tires, rims, regear, possible axle upgrade needed...I think I've heard near $400-500 per inch as a safe estimate once you take all that into account

another thing to consider is the brakes. i am considering the RE system, but i figure everything connected must be looked at. just another thing to think about.

so your going from bone stock to 8"? thats gonna be scary. unless you have another xj and this is a second one.

Go with the Rubicon 5.5. I have whats left of a Skycrapper kit on mine and I sure wish I would have stuck with my old RE kit. At this point all that is left off my SJ kit is the sub frame upper control arms , and brake lines. that really sucks after paying over $2000 for their kit. Just my opinion, but if I could afford to start over again I would with deinately buy an RE kit.

Back