• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension rebuild?

cito57

NAXJA Forum User
My OEM suspension on my '96 is starting to suck. I need new shocks, rear leafs ar sagging, missing a rear bump stop, etc. I was considering new OEM leaf springs and front coils but Jeep wants an arm and a leg. All said and done, it looks like it'll be cheaper to get a kit. I was looking at Rusty's 3" kit. Anyone got experience with this? Is there any better one? I don't do a lot of off-roading, so I didn't want a very aggressive lift. Also, should I replace the bushings if I am doing all the other stuff? Thanks.

cito

cito57 said:
My OEM suspension on my '96 is starting to suck. I need new shocks, rear leafs ar sagging, missing a rear bump stop, etc. I was considering new OEM leaf springs and front coils but Jeep wants an arm and a leg. All said and done, it looks like it'll be cheaper to get a kit. I was looking at Rusty's 3" kit. Anyone got experience with this? Is there any better one? I don't do a lot of off-roading, so I didn't want a very aggressive lift. Also, should I replace the bushings if I am doing all the other stuff? Thanks.

cito

I'd start with a good quality lift 3" if your not off road much, with a real leaf pack not an AAL, and yeah replace all the bushings with a qual. urathane style set. You should be much happier...IMHO...

Back