• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So what is going on?

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
There are 50 possible 'members' for a chapter.
most of them are from IL, MO, IN, MI., there are 41 of those.

How many people are needed?

How many of you have had a meet-and-greet?

How many of you have paid your due to mamma NAXJA? A chapter is secondary.

B.O.D., do you think there is enough interest here, of are we just pissin' in a fan?

What is the next step?

yep.....

all of you pathetic retards are pissin in a fan because all of you want something, but NONE of you are willing to do any work.

the BOD is not gonna do any work for you either, so there's no point in asking them for anything, they already gave you a chapter board to jack off in.

what *did* you guys accomplish at the face-to-face chapter meeting anyway?

I mean, I'm wondering what will happen first:

a midwest chapter, or a production run of PUV rollcages?

if there's any smiley that deserves to be posted in a sub-forum that is three years in the making and has gone no where.....its this one:

:hasta:

Beezil said:
yep.....

all of you pathetic retards are pissin in a fan because all of you want something, but NONE of you are willing to do any work.

the BOD is not gonna do any work for you either, so there's no point in asking them for anything, they already gave you a chapter board to jack off in.

what *did* you guys accomplish at the face-to-face chapter meeting anyway?

I mean, I'm wondering what will happen first:

a midwest chapter, or a production run of PUV rollcages?

if there's any smiley that deserves to be posted in a sub-forum that is three years in the making and has gone no where.....its this one:

:hasta:

I dunno...maybe it's not a matter of expecting the BOD to create the chapter but getting the green light from them to start one. It would seem like there's enough people interested in it, that voting for positions and volunteering for them would involve more than 5-10 people.

I for one, am willing to be president of the midwest chapter, send me a cute female intern to take dictation, then involve me in a scandal and impeach me... I'll write a book and peddle it next to the redeye under the L.

Show us an example of the hierarchy, workings, budgets of other chapters so we can at least get an idea of what's involved.

Either way, I'm sure we'll still wheel and deal together, chapter or not

I mean.... Why should GLJT get all the fun? ;)

Well I for one am interested, I have all of the data gathered from the roll call, if any one wants to see it shoot me a PM with your e-mail addy and I'll send you a copy.

I was just wondering if 50 people from 8 states is possible, should we narrow it down to just the top four, should we exclude the city of Chicago proper from the chapter?

What have other people done at this point?
Lawncher, you have helped form a chapter, what comes next?

Anyone else, Mike in NJ, GSguy, Beuler, Beuler... Any sugestions?

How many people are really interested?

I dont see many people want to take a leadership in this thing.

Perhaps we are hasta

I just thought I would bring this back up to the top and see what happens.

BTW great use of code! who ever did that. I cant wait to see it in 'use'.

From my point of view, the chapter is obviously going to be run from the Chicago area. Let's figure out who's going to do what and run with it. We can have midnight meetings on Beezil's lawn. (Do you preppy city slickers have grass anymore?)

What does NAXJA require to recognize us as a formal "Midwest Chapter"?

Once we figure that out, we can get together and throw darts at each other to delegate the responsibilities.

On the other hand, does it really matter if we have a formal chapter? If so, I propose a logo painted on a stolen Chicago street sign...

Let's crap or get off the pot!!

OK, my $.02

FIRST... what EXACTLY is required of anyone in the formation of the chapter? Since this is mainly a web based group, I'm kind of wondering what all the hub-bub is about. Wouldn't we just need a couple of moderators to handle the threads?

I see a lot of banter back and forth and several dead horses being beaten. :bawl:

Who has the answers to the ???'s above. Hell, I'll help moderate. That's no biggie, I already moderate several boards on other topics. If it's about which states and where, again, open it up to whomever wants to be involved. If you can make it to meet & greets, wonderful, if not, OK too!

It doesn't matter where home base is. Home base is HERE on NAXJA, the INTERNET.

Enough of the talk. Let's tell the NAXJA suits to change the name of the forum to "Midwest Chapter" If you THINK you live in the "Midwest" you're cool to participate. I figure if your state touches the NWS weather radar map of the "Midwest", that's good enough!!

ENOUGH GUYS, Let's do it!!

grasseater said:
From my point of view, the chapter is obviously going to be run from the Chicago area.

I think the problem with a Midwest chapter lies in precisely how big the Midwest is. There are plenty of folks in the STL area, the Chi-town area, other areas beyond the Mississippi River valley. I haven't been to any of the Chicagoland get-togethers becasue it is a 5 hour drive for me, which seems like alot especially since I am months away from even having an operational wheeler; that, and I am just recovering from a major relocation, construction of a new house, and starting a new job. Now that I think about it, though, when JohnB played a major hand in starting the NAC, he didn't have a working XJ either. So I guess it is about time for me to step up to the plate, as it were.

So I think the statement above is true only if the midwest were broken down into smaller chapters as previously discussed, in which case the Great Lakes or whatever it would be called chapter would be based out of Chicago. There would be another chapter based in the STL metro area, etc. I'm not going to elaborate because it has been hashed out before. But we need to decide which road to take, the smaller multiple chapters or a single large chapter with naturally evolving metro-area crews. Using the NAC as an example, it covers Maine to VA, but there are Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New England crews that all take the initiative to get together, organize events and leave it up to the rest of the membership to travel or host their own. Then at the annual NACFest, everyone works together at a central location (Paragon) to pull off a great big event for the rest of the national club. So it could work either way for us... seeing as how there is only a handful of people interested in officer positions, I think we should shoot for the big chapter route. The local crews will define wheeling locations, and we can organize events accordingly.

It takes a core group to start a chapter, which usually requires a geographical commonality, and a series of events to judge interest based on numbers that show. Elect officers, organize bylaws, get a bankroll, and have fun. The key is to consistently have leaders picking dates & locations for events to get a snowballing effect on generating interest and membership. The NAC started in the Philly area, with CHW, JohnB, MikeinNJ, Eagle and others taking leadership roles. CHW hosted the first annual BBQ at his house, then everyone trucked over to the NJ Pine Barrens to wheel. There were people from CT, NY, PA, NJ, MD & VA. Some never came back, but most stayed with the club. It grew as word spread, events were held, friends were made. I think we can pull it off, just gotta get organized.

Well first of all, I am glad that every one that has responded so far is a paid up member.

The majority of the people who signed up in the roll call are from northern Great Lakes states, but how big is the Intermountain Chapter? Dosn't that run run fro Idaho to Arizona? All f the Chapters have what I would call huge geo. areas. The upper mid west is no bigger than the South East Chapter, besides, we don't talk funny:)

What is needed for by-laws,
1) be a paid up NAXJA member in good standing
2)Live in the area covered by the chapter, But don,t you belong to NAC lawncher?
3)abide by the rules set forth by the BOD of NAXJA

As far as a Chapter BOD, we need to wait and chose a geo. area to cover first. We dont want to elect rufies as our official pimp and then not include Ohio.

So lets quit jacking around and pick an area!

A 250 mile circle around Chicago will extend to such exotic places as Green Bay, Lacrosse, Iowa City, St. Louis, Paducah, Louisville, Cinci, Toledo, and most of the L.P. of Mich.

This is a starting point.

Feel free to add to it.

Well, the way I see it, since the Midwest is technically the only area not yet formalized into a chapter, maybe we should just take the states that are left (sans Texas, since they blew their chance already) and then let the local crews form on their own.

seanR said:
But don,t you belong to NAC lawncher?

I moved from Deptford, NJ (near Philadelphia) to Wentzville, MO (just west of Saint Louis) in November. I'm filling out my term as chapter Treasurer for the NAC, otherwise I really no longer have any affiliation with them; hence my interest in starting the MWC.

Im definately still interested. As for my member ship....my wife said "she sent it off" but im thinkin she didnt.YET!! Im kinda ocupied at the moment in another country so going to a meeting right now would be a lil dificult.lol Im still gona be on the Mo Ks area so thats my .02..........and please stop the horse abuse.lol just let them RIP. Jk

I am actually starting to ponder getting off the fence, and support the MWC. I don't mind doing some work if we all see some more wheeling opportunites out of the situation.

Just getting caught up on this thread ... been working long and late hours this week, so I've not been very thorough in checking the board.

I think you guys have the right idea extending the area from Wisconsin/Michigan down to possibly Kentucky/Missouri. There has been enough interest. The NAC is a good example of how individual groups can work together to keep the Chapter working. They really work hard at it, and we would have to do the same.

BTW ... the name of this Chapter could continue as the "Midwest Chapter" ... if states between the Midwest and Intermountain want to form, they still have Heartland ... just a thought.

More to come :thumbup: ...

Les

Back