• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best price on new radiator?

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Afraid I gotta bite the bullet and rehab my (closed) cooling system in my 88. Burping isn't getting it done lately. :(

Who has the best prices on new stuff... & which is better? GDI or Modine? 2 or 3 core? I've heard Dirk at DPG is good to deal with.

Hey Woody, you'll love it after you trash that closed sytem. I have a 90 and just finished swapping to an open system. I purchased my radiator from NAPA but my particular NAPA is not franchise owned so they are able to get some things that are made locally. The rad i got is made by a company called Bauer out of Indianapolis. The nice thing about this radiator is it already has the bung for the temp sensor for the electric fan,which it sounds like noone else has.
This radiator is two core and has the same specs as a Modine and is a direct bolt in, plus it comes with a lifetime warranty. I believe the price was $124.00.
Digger :cool:

If the deal is still good, the 800-RADIATOR price is the best, but that's for a GDI and although I have been very satisfied with mine, recent reports on GDI are worrisome. Haven't heard any bad reports about the Modines. I've always had excellent dealings and service from Dirk, but I have no experience with the radiator he's offering for XJs.

The one Digger is talking about sounds like a great deal at $124, and if it has the bung for the aux fan that's a real bonus.

I have a 3 row CSF that I got local around Philly for 185.00. I can't say one bad thing about it. 25k miles in the last years since I put it in. Has never gotten hot or close to it. I would say give DPG a call. Juice

Get CSF radiator. You will not complain and this thing really outcooled than GDI even Modine. CSF has so thick and 1-1/2" total wide of tube (1/2" tube per x 3 rows) compare to GDI 3/4 total wide of tube (1/4" tube per x 3 rows).

I live in desert rural with 100-120F degree daily.

I bought CSF from dirk @ dpgoffroad.com for 150 dollars and $15 for ship cost.

woody said:
Afraid I gotta bite the bullet and rehab my (closed) cooling system in my 88. Burping isn't getting it done lately. :(

Who has the best prices on new stuff... & which is better? GDI or Modine? 2 or 3 core? I've heard Dirk at DPG is good to deal with.
dude.... check out this other thread I have going on... it's about the same thing you are going through! I personally purchased a 3 core Radiator for a 1992 jeep cherokee... from www.radiatorbarn.com. Check them out!
cool.gif

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92348&highlight=cooling
:)

Back