• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gettin' busy with the Chop Top

C-ROK

NAXJA Forum User
The top is off.
Cage work will start next weekend.

Roof+Chop+4.jpg

B+Chop.jpg

Chop+Top+3.jpg

Chop+Top+2.jpg

Coolest thing about this is I might have finally figured out how to post pics. :yelclap:

The cutting is done Jesse! Prudence and self control are two charateristics that you must cling to tightly when you've got a Sawzall in your hands.
Going "postal" on the Cherokee will only lead to regret :)

The axles are an extra big 9 inch rear and an extra big 60 front.

Kinda gives it a look similar to an old International Scout...I like it

C-ROK said:
The cutting is done Jesse! Prudence and self control are two charateristics that you must cling to tightly when you've got a Sawzall in your hands.

That is crazy talk. You must have run out of blades!

-Jon

C-ROK said:
The top is off.
Cage work will start next weekend.

Roof+Chop+4.jpg

B+Chop.jpg

Chop+Top+3.jpg

Chop+Top+2.jpg

Coolest thing about this is I might have finally figured out how to post pics. :yelclap:

That looks awsome :party: If you don't mind me asking what are your plans? you must post pictures of your progress.

The plans are to cage it with a combo internal/external cage. All external from the bumper to the windshield frame. All internal from there back.
I'm going to do a halo that just covers the front and rear seat area and then skin that halo with some aluminum sheet for sun and weather protection. With the doors on and windows rolled up, the occupant compartment wil still be fairly well enclosed.

I'll try to remember and post some pics as I go.

Greg,

At least I took out the interior first when i started to cut.

BTW Jes is right, Keep cutting!

:D

hinkley

FarmerMatt said:
Hell, that's not even a trim. If you're going to cut than be a man about it & cut. Damn pansies from Az.

Matt

cutxj.jpg

What that is as far as you have gotten?

hinkley

greg is doing the choptop because he's finally realized that exo-only cages are worthless!

btw, ghey-smilie has been transported to the east coast.

its their problem now!

C-ROK said:
The plans are to cage it with a combo internal/external cage. All external from the bumper to the windshield frame. All internal from there back.

Won't it technically be entirely external since there really isn't an inside to the vehicle anymore? Nice work, looks like that convertible XJ concept from a few years back.

its about time.....

Are you planning on doing the CalROCs event in Arizona 2005?

Im thinking about it. We need some XJs in the mix.
Event video, pirate4x4 live feed and all :D

Have fun.

'Member what I said about prudence and restraint with the Sawzall Matt - that's why.
BTW is that what's left of poor princess? She look like she's been raped!

Beezil - awe geez, let the poor dead horse rest in peace now brother. But yes I will be doing some chevron bracing behind the front seats and an X behind the rears - because I can. I do this with realization and awareness that not everyone CAN do that and I accept and understand the compromises associated with it. Accept diversity my brother. Be like the rainbow. :rainbow:

Ashman - don't know about CalRocs. What's the date and place? Big and heavy are typically not the best combinations for being competitive either.

Back