• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Lift and Shock Question

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched the forum and was not able to find information that links lift kits to shock choices based on length needs.

I am installing the RE 6020 on an 88 XJ with plans to upgrade as the pocketbook is replenished. I was hoping to use low cost but quality shocks ILO what was offered by RE. Eagle recommends Monroes but I can not find them with the right length. The other choice would be the DT-3000 from RE. This is mostly a DD.

What do you guys do? Go with the kit supplier shock choices? Use shock extenders? Modifiy mounting?

What is interesting about the 6020 kit is the lack of bump stops that the 6010 has.

DT3000s aren't a bad shock at all. Had them on my original 2" BB and am running them now on 4.5" Looks like RE has 6 choices for shocks right now for that lift; DT0, DT3, OME NitroChargers, ProComp ES3000, ProComp ES9000, and Rancho RS9000.

The RE6020 doesn't have bumpstops added because it's a Super-Ride; the control arms have rubber bushings in both ends to maintain as near a stock ride as possible. The RE6010 gets a little more flexy with a circular bearing doodad at one end so the bumpstops are there for your protection.

Back