• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unknown Company A/C Compressor

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have an A/C compressor in my 90 that was rebuilt by a company in Palestine,Texas. All it says is....
Temperature Control Division
Palestine, Texas
It also has a red, a white, and a blue star and says remanufactured in the USA.
If anyone has any idea on what company it is I would like to know because the thing is just a pile of junk and there should be some warranty left on it.

there are tons of companies the reman old service parts. if you can get reciepts and can prove how long you had it they may replace it, personally i'm not big on aftermarket products like that unless it is bought from a major parts store chain, however if they were to find out there wasnt a sufficient amount of compressor oil added to it, that could void warranty. the next step is to see where the liabilty lies. with the installer or just a bad part. a lot of people hate the dealers, but for the extra costs, there is quite a good insurance policy with the standards they have to work by.

jeepguy1990 said:
I have an A/C compressor in my 90 that was rebuilt by a company in Palestine,Texas. All it says is....
Temperature Control Division
Palestine, Texas
It also has a red, a white, and a blue star and says remanufactured in the USA.
If anyone has any idea on what company it is I would like to know because the thing is just a pile of junk and there should be some warranty left on it.
to answer your question.

FOUR SEASONS!
they are a major supplier to substandard places like autozone and advance auto
at one time they were a decent reman company, but over the years they have been getting alot of parts from Mexico.(profit?)

This thing was put on the XJ before my Dad bought it in 1995 and the jeep is a 1990 so Im wondering what happened. I assume theres no warranty left on it and at this point I have done a horrible half-way job of converting it so unless I could hide that conversion job they probably wouldnt honor the warranty. The thing sounds like its gonna blow up though. Even before I dumped 134 in it would only kick on half of the time. Its just a pile so Id like to atleast know the name of the company that remanned it.

frsno jeeper how sure are you on that? I mean I dont see four seasons written anywhere. If youre sure Ill try and evac it and send it to them if theyre still in bitness. Any other help would be great. The damn thing rumbles my floorboard when i turn it on!

if it was bought before 95 it would be at least 9 years old. even the factory ones arent warranteed that long. i think its time for a new one. but if the compressor was coming apart internally,the expansion valve should be replaced

Oh yeah and the problem is I have no idea how to do anything besides charge them so its going to suck because I dumped R-134 in on top of R-12 residue. What all do I need to replace having considered that being done? I havent added anything to accomodate the 134 either. Consider that as well.

at this point it sounds like you need a compressor, dryer and expansion valve. make sure the entire system is completely flushed out and the proper amoun of refrigerant oil. im not sure how much oil the system holds.

So those things are the only things that need to be done? I will tell whoever I have do it those things-(if they didnt already know) Also my compressor does turn on part of the time so I may keep it for a while. I have a question though is there any danger to running it I mean the only two things Ive thought of are if it stoves up it might throw the serpentine belt of or the thing could just blow up and leave a compressor-shaped indent in my hood. Hopefully not that last one though.

I currently live in Palestine TX, and the company that built your compressor was called Murray. As far as I know it is out of business now, that and the fact that its so old make me think your SOL on the warranty deal. Never knew much about Murray other than what they built. HTH

Mike

Well yeah sure enough Im almost positive you're right. Its just too bad theres no warranty left on it, but im sure there isnt. Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction I will make sure to never get anything of theirs, ever!

I have no idea which of those two companies it was but like I said it doesnt really matter now. Thanks for the info though.

Back