• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift tomorrow ????'s

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
(1997 XJ, 4.0, 231-J, AW-4, 30" GoodYear MTR's, 8" Canyon Wheels)

I have some quesitons about the lift I am doing tomorrow. This is my first lift experience and I am not a mechanic.

I bought OME 2" springs for the front. OME advertised 1 3/4" actual lift from these.

I purchased a 3/4" TeraFlex spacer and it actually measured 1 1/4"

I assume that when using the spacer, if I leave off the 1/2 isolator that comes on the Jeep then it would net the 3/4 " advertised.

Problem is that I will have 3" lift in the rear and I would prefer that it be even with the front.

Can I "stack" the TeraFlex spacer AND the original 1/2 " isolator? If so, which order would I stack them in? That would net me the 3" in the front to equal out with the back.

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

Yes. In fact you can run 2+ isolators/spacers per side. Just make sure you don't push the top of the spring down so far that you risk unseating the coil when the suspension droops. I've seen guys successfully run two 1.75" spacers plus the factory isolator to achieve a 3.5" lift for cheap. I'd say that's about the limit though. You will certainly be ok with just the 1.25" spacer and your stock isolator.

Jared:patriot:

Back