• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG Land Terrains?

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone heard of / used these? Walmart sells 31's for $88 I may have to get them for the DD if they aren't too bad.

I have them on my 2x4 DD. I bought them about 8 months ago and are still going good. They are OK in the rain and are OK in the dirt. My DD doesn't see much dirt but the times I have been down a couple places they were ok.
I also bought them for their price and I'm glad I did for the DD. For my trial rig I run BFG's TKO's.

Alex

BFG Land terrains are little more than a street tire. If thats all that you do, then they'll be just fine, if you go into the muck and mud, you are gonna be a screwed puppy.
Good price though.

They might be good for a friend of mine whose xj rarely goes on anything other than a hard packed "unimproved" county road. Jury is still out on what I'll get next. Any impressions on 31's in AT version on an xj in snow?

i've got a set of bfg at's on an extra set of rims to save the swampers...

xjbling2.jpg

nice street tire... i have wheeled them a couple times... hardpack is fine... slightest mud sucks...

haven't had them in snow... but wet traction is awesome....

asatxj said:
They might be good for a friend of mine whose xj rarely goes on anything other than a hard packed "unimproved" county road. Jury is still out on what I'll get next. Any impressions on 31's in AT version on an xj in snow?

The most fun i've had with my jeep was in snow with 31/10.5 AT's, just because no one but snowmobilers were on the trails. :wave: MT's don't quite cut it.

gupandme said:
The most fun i've had with my jeep was in snow with 31/10.5 AT's, just because no one but snowmobilers were on the trails. :wave: MT's don't quite cut it.

I agree to that ... I have BFG MT's now and they do not measure up to the BFG AT's in that regard ... they are great in the snow.

Les

BF's allterains are the only tire for dd in my opinion, they go great in the snow, and they last forever on light rigs like xj,s . they don't however go that great in the mud, or on rocks. but if you spend 90% of your time on the street with them you'll be in love.:loveu:

Back