• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running 33s on XJ stock rims?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of street 33" tires on my stock rims and then my (soon to be) 36" IROKs on my bling rims for the trail.

Anyone got any pics of 33x12.5's on stock rims.
DIG IT!

a 12.50 width on a stock 7" wheel is IMHO not the way to go.. that is if you can find someone who will even mount them on those wheels.. must tire shops wont do it.. that being said i have a friend running 35s on 7" wheels and the center of the tire is squeezed in and the sidewall/tread bulge too far out... if you are going to wheel it that would help when you air way down, you may not pop as many tire beads... it will promote improper wear on the tires as well.. if you pull the beads closer together it will pull the outer part of the tread toward the center and this will expose more of the middle of the tread to the road surface.... essentially wearing the tires in the middle first... do a 33X10.50 or get 8" wheels....

mike

is.php

is.php

Ya gotta watch out for the backspacing on the rear. A 33x12.50 comes really close to the leaf springs.

these are gonna be street only... Some BFG Muds
DIG IT!

I did! it comes real close to the rear springs but will work. At least it did for me. I now run the same tire on another 15x7 that has a different BS.

Back