• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles and spacers

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i ordered some from rocky road 2 days ago, suppose to get in friday. my ? is will i be able to put these on friday and be able to go ride on saturday. i have never messed with my suspension before, having paid to have my 3" lift put on. is this doable in a day for me. i have been researching, plus i will have a friend help me that has taken off and put on coil springs. if i cant i will just wait and go ride saturday and put them on later, since the ride is already scheduled. i know it is a hard question to answer, maybe some people can tell me how long it took them and how much experience they had when doing so. also any pointers would be great. thanks a lot and sorry for the long rambling post

That's a tricky question. It really depends on how stuck your bolts are and what tools you have available. If the place you had your 3" done put anti-sieze(sp?) on then none of your bolts should be a problem. My guess is that they didn't so you might have a difficult time getting them off.

If you don't have air tools then make sure you have 2-3' breaker bar handy for the rear leaf spring bolts. Also make sure to take the shackle off of the leaf before you take it off of the frame. (much easier that way)

If you have air tools and no bolt/rust problem you should be able to get it done in about 2-4 hours. If you have problems then the time can multiply by 2 or 3.

I've put on 3 lifts now (a BB, a 3" and 4.5") and the 4.5" I just put on a few weeks ago. I must say the PB Blaster and anti-sieze are your friends and use them liberally.

Later,
Rough

thanks rough

anyone else?

have you considered the possibility of vibes?
I dont wish them on ANYONE, but they are a possibility everytime you go up

forgot about the breaklines. my are stock now, i hope to possibly just relocate where they are locatted.

Back