• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

if you were going to buy short arms...

poppabear

NAXJA Forum User
for a 4.5" lift which ones would you get?

RE all the way!!!

Well, depends are you going to stop at 4.5", are you thinking of long arms or drop brackets?

If you think that 4.5" is just going to be a stepping stone, then just find a used set of anybrand of adj. LCA's and be done, until you decde to go bigger. At 4.5" you should have no problem using stock UCAs.

If your planning on going with the drop brackets, then I agree RE. Second would be JKS, but for bang for the buck Rusty's, they are not the best but they get the job done.

either JKS's or RE

Brad

4.5" is the limit. when I want to go to 33's I will install BW flairs.

Of course the main players I am looking at are Currie, JKS and RE.

I want to get adj. with the possibility of drop brackets in the future.

CheapXJ said:

Not a bad article, but it compares the non-adj Rusty's arms. I would like to see a comparison of all of them to get a true judgement, adjables and all. Lets post close up pictures like DPG of Rusty's, RE's and Jks. Then we can compare.

Any arms other than RE's,Currie's,or any other arms that use some type of "joint" are 2 dimensional.They will limit flex while increasing stress on your mounting points!

JKS is waaaaaay overpriced, IMHO. The guy there seems to think that he is the end-all, be-all of jeep parts knowledge. How he stays in business at those prices is beyond me. I am going to the plane_arium.
:next:

RCP Phx said:
Any arms other than RE's,Currie's,or any other arms that use some type of "joint" are 2 dimensional.They will limit flex while increasing stress on your mounting points!

Discuss?

What I see, is that arms like superflex, and those that only have JJs/heims on each end do not allow the mounts to move in relation to the arms.

you've got four unequal-length locating links up front. and when you start pushing the front end to flex WAY beyond the factory travel, these arms, all moving in different arcs bind up in compression/tension. the only way to relieve this is with a soft bushing that is able to deflect.

that's what I see, and I believe that's why things like this happen:

irccarnage1.jpg

I reccomend RE SA's, I got my tera arms for 25$...I cant complain :D

i would go with RE drop brackets or control arms

I still like the JKS the best... Thanks for all the responses.

i would get drop brackets with whatever brand you choose. i just put some RE drop brackets on with my adjustable control arms from rustys and the on and off road ride smoothed out about 40 precent. + it completely knocked out my death wobble

Ditto on the Drop Brackets with the support brace. My XJ rides better than my wife’s with only a 2" lift. Since your sticking with Short arms, long arms would be the only other way. Then spending all that money on the JKS's would be a waste.

Believe it or not, Rusty's Adj. arms and RE drop Brackets would perform and hold up just as well as RE Arms of the JKS arms.

Back