• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck in 4 LO

BIG NASTY

NAXJA Forum User
after wheeling......once again.....Im stuck in 4 LO. The last time it happened it was the shifter linkage. This time it isnt !!!! It (transfer case) will not shift at all. there is also a loud roaring grinding in the front that started at the same. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to actuate the linkage manually ala hammer and block of wood or brass punch? Sounds like the transfer case internals are out of wack.

BIG NASTY said:
Help !!!! Anybody

Almost sounds like a broken shift fork but either way if you can't get it to shift then you will be pulling it out to teardown. :(

It will not actuate at all !!! I figured thats was probably what I was going to have to do. I can get a used T-Case pretty cheap.....Should I replaced or rebuild It?

Depends on what is wrong inside and the cost. But keep in mind when swapping a t-case there are few differences (21 vs. 23 spline input, short vs. long input, and input gear tooth shape) over the years even with the same t-case model. If you find one from the same year and trans then it should be an easy swap.

Back