• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy a Banks Header?

mission-inc

NAXJA Forum User
I've tried searching and came up with nothing. Most likely it's been ask before but i'm search challenged.

Anyway, where's a good place to buy a Banks header for the I6 engine (1995)? I'm not sure if you can buy directly from Banks, but I'm sure there are other sites out there that sell Banks' products.

Thanks.

I did alittle homework and found out that I can order directly from Banks, via www.bankspower.com However, is there a cheaper place? They are askin $449. However they don't over a down pipe assembly. Which is weird cause on the website it say it's optional but the dude on the phone said they don't make/offer it.

:rattle: I want my down pipe!

Thats a lot of silver for a header. Why not use Clifford or one of the others? For that much you could get a header and do the tailpipe as well.

I thought it was alot, but what I want is a performance header. And the down pipe following the header leading to the cat. I want it also to be ceramic coated. Maybe Borla is the way to go? They seem to be more popular, but I've heard several complaints about them that originally made me wanna go with banks.

Thgey offer the downpipe as an option for the wranglers. I am lucky in that I have the new style down-pipe and etc. You got a little shafted because you have that evil pinch in the pipe that restricts the flow. A little advice... Wrap the header in heat tape before you install it. You're going to with you did later, and it's really hot to even get a heat shield up in there between your intake manifold and the header. I'm going to have to pull my intake manifold to wrap my header now...damn after-thoughts. I'm happy with the Banks Header.

Does any company over a more performance enhancing pipe that goes between the header and the cat? I'd like to replace the whole exhaust. I guess I could go to the muffler shop, but i'd rather do it all myself.

4x4groupbuy.com sells the Banks header #51305 for $365. I just ordered one. $400 with shipping to Michigan.

I originally thought of going to the Borla Unit, but considering a buddy of mine cracked 3 (yes 3) borla headers on his 4cyl Wrangler while wheelin... (day of wheelin, hit deep water .. thats all she wrote, header snapped like a twig

JeepinAudiophile said:
A little advice... Wrap the header in heat tape before you install it. You're going to with you did later, and it's really hot to even get a heat shield up in there between your intake manifold and the header.

Worst Idea Ever!!!

It will cause the metal to fatigue and will lead to cracks/corrosion. If you want a heat shield make one out of aluminum and bolt/strap it to the intake manifold.

Here's some food for thought:

Banks header=$400(on the bottom of picture)
banks_jeep020.jpg

Here's an APN header for about $150:
e6_1.jpg

Pretty damn similar, aren't they? I personally would never shell out the money for a Banks.

But here in lies the problem i am looking for a header for a 2.5L not a 4.0L if you go to the banks site and look at the 2.5L they have it looks slicker than a new babies bottom.
TorqueTubes® Exhaust Manifold Assembly 2.5L 4-Cyl Heavy 409 stainless replaces crack-prone stock piece; bolts on. Thick 1/2" flange double welded, machined dead flat and precisely fitted. Never warps or cracks
Now dont that thing look purty no welds no wierd hooks looks almost one peace. Now tell the truth dont you 4.0 guys wish your header looked this nice.

jeepinwi said:
I personally would never shell out the money for a Banks.
I did and regreted it the first time it cracked, then again the second time it cracked, and again the third, and yes fourth time the thing cracked, so I'm now running the ceramic coated clifford, have been for over a year with no cracks, and I'd be lucky to get 3 months out of the banks.....

Back