• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

borla header clearance issue (88xj/aw4)

xjfrank

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else putting monster dents into their header when stuffing the left front? I'm getting deep contact between the front ds ujoint and the header just below the o2 sensor.

Any other headers work that don't have the clearance issue? Am I going to need to hit a custom exhaust shop to get around this?

TIA,
Frank

I had this problem as well as one of my good friends. Both where Borlas and both where due to blown motor mounts. My friends is an 89 and mines a 97. Just have someone step on the brake and put it in gear while you are watching the motor. Then have them give it a touch of gas. If the mounts are bad the motor will lift an abnormally large amount on the drivers side. I have scence add M.O.R.E.'s bombproof motor mounts to my Jeep to avoid ever having this problem again. I hope this helps.
Mike

adjustable trackbar solved my problem, but not without first putting a huge dent and crack into the borla.

Back