• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers turn backwards! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just put in a new wiper motor and linkage today and the damn things turn backwards! I need help on this cause I'm going out of town tomorrow and its suppose to rain. Please HELP!

BTW: My old linkage was snapped in half.

I pulled it off a friends parts XJ. Any help with the spinning backwards though?

if it was all one unit, youy need to just invert the linkage so the part that attatches to the motor is in the opposite direction. you can move it by hand but you may have to remove it from the vehicle. the part that spins should sit at the bottom of the cowl well when in the park position. i think you have it on the top.

I'll check that tonite still if I can but its gettin kind of dark so dunno if thatll be possible. Thanks.

I know and I messed with it all day and tried to turn the linkage and plugged it back in but now its to the point where its turning about 1/2 inch and stopping so I must have hit a kink in the linkage. But tomorrow when its light again Ill try some more. Thanks.

the part that comes off the wiper arm pivots should be parallel aso and not so that the long linkage parts are crossed up. sometimes when trying to work the assembly in the cowl, the linkage can get crossed up unintentionally. good luck.

You were right Jneary we reversed the linkage but we straightened it out and it works great!

Back