• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My stroker is in. Woohoo!

Dr. Dyno

NAXJA Forum User
:D :D :D :D :D

My homebuilt 4.6L stroker engine is in my Jeep and is up 'n' runnin'. I just got my Jeep back from the workshop today and I'm like a kid with a new toy. Read all about it:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/results.html

Nice writeup. Strokers are sure fun to drive. I'm surprised you didn't deck the block. Adjusting the quench height really help preignition on lower grades of gas and with the price of gas around here, that adds up to close to 20 cents a gallon. Let us know how the stroker runs on lower octane fuel.

My only complaint is that with the torque, I busted two axle shafts the first time out.

Baring any unforseen circumstances, mine will go in tomorrow (Fri). I have to pull the rear diff cover and reseal it and fill it before I can drive it, though, it quit leaking while it's been sitting, so it must be empty........ :)

I have a run in two weeks, so it needs to get finished.

Sarge said:
He may not have to deal with lower octane....he's in Saudi Arabia.

Sarge

Yup. Over here the only grade of fuel available is 91 octane with MTBE. My stroker doesn't ping on it despite it running hot and having to deal with an outside temp. of 115*F. When I've dealt with the heat issue and the weather cools off, I'm sure it'll run on lower octane fuel than that and still not ping. I still also need to fine tune the fuelling but I'll wait until I've done at least 500km to allow the engine's computer to adapt.
Tom, I decided not to deck the block because it was already perfectly flat and I also didn't want to run into valvetrain geometry issues. I know that I could have afforded to shave 0.010" off the block if I wanted to since the CR is only 9.24:1, but I don't think that would have had any dramatic effect on my engine's ability to run on lower octane fuel. Perhaps I would have gained a couple of HP.

Back