• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPI out of the Jeep Business

R

roke40

I was going to finally order my bumper from BPI Fab and see this message on there web site:

Please Note:
Due to increases in other areas or our business, we are no longer able to sell bumpers for Jeep & Toyota models. We recommend you check with
Poison Spyder Customs
for your Jeep & Toyota bumper needs.
:flamemad:

Why the hell did I wait so long? :twak:

Poision spyder now owns the rights to the former bpi bumpers, and makes them and sells them to the public now from what I hear.-------Kyle

roke40 said:
Yeah but for like $200 more than BPI was selling them for. :(
I've been out of the market for a front bumper for awhile ($$$) but thought the increase was due to higher steel costs. The big question is whether it's just the Poison Spyder bumpers that cost more, or is that a common trend for most manufacturers now?

woody431 said:
Truck Farm is outta business also, don't know if any of you guys knew that?

Yeah, but Protofab is the actual manufacturer of their prerunner style bumper (and I believe their new design rock bumper too).... they are still in business. Truckfarm was just a re-saler for them....

Ivan

I have the original first article BPI bumper on my XJ. Over rated, I think not. Mine has been tough as hell. I rolled the XJ over the left front bumper. Later I lost the brakes and hit the rear of an exploder and totaled the exploder, and for all of that, it is still fine. All I did was touch up the paint. Mine is the 2" receiver model, and not the one with the winch mount. The workmanship and welding is some of the best I have seen.

The winch mount one is over rated because it hangs down too low and sticks out too far. When I priced one painted and shipped to my door it was less of a deal than I had origionally thought.

Hey GottaBeJeep, we have a policy about pimp'ing commercial ventures on the site unless you are a vendor and in the vendor forum. While you have a nice looking product, please be carefull about how you "advertise" on this site. No big problem, just be cool. We would love to have you in the vendors forum cause there is always a need for new and better products. Lots of luck with your venture.

old_man said:
Hey GottaBeJeep, we have a policy about pimp'ing commercial ventures on the site unless you are a vendor and in the vendor forum. While you have a nice looking product, please be carefull about how you "advertise" on this site. No big problem, just be cool. We would love to have you in the vendors forum cause there is always a need for new and better products. Lots of luck with your venture.

Sorry 'bout that. Sent you a PM. :cheers:

Ivan said:
Yeah, but Protofab is the actual manufacturer of their prerunner style bumper (and I believe their new design rock bumper too).... they are still in business. Truckfarm was just a re-saler for them....

Ivan

Gotcha, my bad.

Back