• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front header/nose panel

chadc

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know for sure if a front header from an 89 will fit on a 95. I've gotting conflicting answers from junk yards, dealership and searching the web. I would like to find out for sure before I start wrenching on them.
thanks alot chadc

Well they might fit, but your also going to need the grill, headlight trim and whatnot. They switched in the early 90's. I do have some new black headlight trim for the newer style. Didn't fit on my 88. Let me know. But my guess would be yes they fit but doesn't really help you out much. Juice

Well, I put the entire header panel w/ trim from a '95 XJ onto my '87 MJ without a problem, so I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way.

To reinforce what Juice and Lawn Cher said -- the header will fit, but requires the use of the grille, headlight doors/bezels, and trim from one of the same groups of years. The "early" style ran from 1984 thru 1990. The later style, which uses fewer trim pieces in the grille and headlight bezels, ran from '91 thru '96.

it should fit seeing as how they didn't change it till 97. i have had people ask if i had a 96 cherokee and its an 87. i dont see why it would not fit.. just no newer than 96..

moparPW200guy said:
it should fit seeing as how they didn't change it till 97. i have had people ask if i had a 96 cherokee and its an 87. i dont see why it would not fit.. just no newer than 96..
Mopar --

Please read the posts immediately above yours. There IS a change between 1990 and 1991. They appear the same from a few feet/yards away, but they are different. The grilles are different, the headlight doors are different, and the header panels are different.

We don't go by guesswork here on NAXJA, at least not without qualifying it by saying "this is a guess" or something like that. We're trying to help people here, not cause problems for them or waste their money.

Eagle said:
Mopar --

Please read the posts immediately above yours. There IS a change between 1990 and 1991. They appear the same from a few feet/yards away, but they are different. The grilles are different, the headlight doors are different, and the header panels are different.

We don't go by guesswork here on NAXJA, at least not without qualifying it by saying "this is a guess" or something like that. We're trying to help people here, not cause problems for them or waste their money.

well thats kinda funny because i have a fender off and 86 and a headerpanel off a 94 on my 87 cherokee. obviously that cant be since you say it was changed. oh and no modification was done. so dont be a dick! oh and as for the trim its a mix of 87 and 94. seems to flow well enough that people dont notice.... oh and IF YOU would read i said SHOULD not will...

Last edited:
didn't mean to start a brawl. I guess I'll just try it, whats there to lose. A saturday and a 12 pack.
Thanks guys
Chadc

Back