• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC/heat controls

dhreeves

NAXJA Forum User
I have an issue with my AC/heat controls. All of the sudden this morning all of the air comes out of the defrost vents on top of the dash regardless of what position the lever is in. What gives?

I would guess that you have cracked vacum hose coming from the little bottle on the right side of the front bumper. Happened to me, a line was cracked. Replaced it, better than new. Pull the inner fender cover back and take a look, turn on the vent/heat and run your hand over the lines. When you find it, replace it with a dealer part.

I had the front bumper off this weekend. When I took it off I think only three of those four vacuum lines were actually hooked up. I made sure that all four were back on when I put the bumper back on. I suppose that I could have damaged one of them and just didn't notice the different air flow unitl this morning. I will check it out.

Back