• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lt285/75r-16

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
Is anybody running this size? 11X33. thinking about 33's but don't want 12.50's. Dayton Timberline M/T is the tire i want.

2offroad said:
Is anybody running this size? 11X33. thinking about 33's but don't want 12.50's. Dayton Timberline M/T is the tire i want.

There was a very in depth thread about these about 6 months ago. I posted on it. Do a search and hopefully you can pull it up. I ran that size in MTRs for a while and gave my opinions in that thread. To sum it up, I think they're the perfect size 33 for 4.5" of lift and moderately trimmed fenders.

Ary

Search using my username, I run these on 3.5" of lift and trimmed fenders. I agree with Ary, they're perfect.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a 95 XJ and it's got 15" rims stock, 33x11 seems like a good size tire to go with as 33x10.5x15 is limited to a few brands and 33x12.5 maybe too wide, anyway, my question is, can I simply put on a 16" wheel with no problems on my XJ that came with a 15"er?

Putting 16" rims on you XJ will be no problem.

I personally have been running 16" rims on my '98 for a few years now. I first ran 265/75-16 with 4.5" of lift and now I run 285/75-16's. I ran the 285's with 4.5" of lift and had some rubbing but it was mostly becuase my front axle was too far back. I now have closer to 8" of lift and of course the 285's are no problem. I really like the 16" wheel option and I feel it is a great way to go on the XJ's.

B-loose

Thanks guys, I do the seach but the info some times is a little stale so I ask again.

Back