• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoke came through floorboard......

lndrvrxj

NAXJA Forum User
Going to work today and suddenly smoke started coming through the floorboard. Once i stopped and pop the hood i noticed that the hose coming from the plastic container under the ac compressor to the fire wall had a hole in it. What is that? it was spraying some kind stuff out.....smoked like hell when it hit the block

I don't recall a plastic anything under the a/c compressor on my XJ. What year is your XJ and what engine and tranny does it have?

Could he be talking about the a/c dryer? The are only so many hoses going to the firewall on that side: It's either coolant, or perhaps a/c system oil.
Let me guess, your a/c doesn't work???
---

It is below the a/c attached to the wheel well i think. It was some typr of oil because it was burning blue like oil. The hose go into the firewall at the coolant bottle. The hose leaking was one with a big bubble in the middle of it with insulation of some sort around it.

ok so it is not the hose with the lump, ut the other skinny one. Will i be alright with just using heater hose to fix it, or is it a special braided lhose

Back