• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get a new door?

99greenjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
So I recently had someone back into my driver-side rear door on my 99 CLassic leaving a pretty bad gouge. That door already had a couple of door dings on it. I just got the estimate on repairing the door and it is almost $800. Is there a place I could buy a whole new door and install it myself for under $800? Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
Dave

Shipping on a door is going to be expensive, I suggest looking locally at wrecking yards for a door before ordering one and having it shipped. The problem is going to be matching the new door's paint color to your existing color... even if you get one from a cherokee of the same color, it may not look completely "right", especially in bright sunlight, due to fading, etc. If you're not worried about that, and you can find one locally for pretty cheap, you should be able to do it for MUCH less than that and make a little profit out of the deal. :)

just have the door painted if need be. If you find a door for cheap, swap out the guts from your door, paint it and your still going to have a few hundred left over if not more. juice

So there is a guy close by in Spanaway, WA that can do a matched door for $250. Good deal? Bad deal? How difficult is it to swap them in and out with power locks/windows? Thanks for everyones input.

-Dave

If the donor door is power its just a simple swap of the wiring harness outta the original and threaded back into the new, if the donor is manual and yours is power, you gotta drill the rivets out for the window motor and door lock solenoid, use a 1/4 inch drill bit, then use new rivets or small nuts/bolts to install them into the donor. HTH

Mike

Back