• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj roof paint

Steve2000xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 and the roof is starting to rust, there are cracks in the paint and the rust is bubbling up from these spots. does anyone know if this a common problem or just a freak happening.
Thanks for any help in advance

Steve2000xj said:
I have a 2000 and the roof is starting to rust, there are cracks in the paint and the rust is bubbling up from these spots. does anyone know if this a common problem or just a freak happening.
Thanks for any help in advance
First i've heard of that. What is the weather like there? How often do you wash it?

jneary said:
i would check with a dealer, there may be some perforation warranty on the vehicle, its not that old,

Second the dealer check and if they say no I'd go to the chrylser regional rep. What month was it built ?? I just noticed on mine when I had the rear bumper end caps off my 98 that it was built in oct 97, they had the date chalked in on the back side :D Matched up with my build sheet.... That something you want to get fixed NOW. You don't live near any airport do you ?? I remember an issue in 74 with some navy acft venting JP5 before landing that ticked off a bunch of local car owners after two vettes melted in a shopping center parking lot 1/4n mile past the end of the runway.... there happened to be corvette collectors show that sunday...

In Wisconsin the weather is cold and snowy to 100 degress in the matter of minutes, wait I mean months.
I try to wash it every week in the winter and every other week between the rain in the summer and fall.

What color is your Jeep? Just curious because I know certain colors tend to have more problems. I would expect this to fall under the 7 yr/100k mile rust warranty :yap:

T

there is a 6 year 100,000 mile warranty for 2000 jeeps with $0 deductible. have your dealer service manager look at it and determine if it qualifies. it sounds like it is well taken care of, however if there is signs of stone chips they may not cover it. but i doubt there are stone chips on the roof. i have more stone chips on the front of my 2000 lincoln than i do on my entire 89 xj.

Back