• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trails in Taylor Park

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of any trails in the Taylor Park area? I'm camping in that area this weekend and looking for any good afternoon drive.

I would pick up a copy of Wells Colorado Backroads as it has plenty of trails in that area that run the gammut from easy to difficult. The only trail that comes to mind right now is Tincup.

The_Rock said:
Does anyone know of any trails in the Taylor Park area? I'm camping in that area this weekend and looking for any good afternoon drive.

You mean Taylor Reservoir? Taylor Pass, Italian Creek, and Pearl (which is still snowed in) can be run from there. Italian doesn't so much have the views, but it's a pretty drive and if you like mud you can find a bit there. Taylor is pretty easy and quite scenic. Pearl is an incredible trail...but again you can't do the loop.

If Taylor Park is something different...I don't even know where that is.

Nay

Thanks for the help Nay. I was talking about the Taylor resevoir. I've always thought that the area was refered to as Taylor Park. I'll look up the trails you mentioned.

There are quite a few trails in the area. Taylor pass, Pearl Pass, Italian Creek, Tincup pass, Hancock Pass, plus just a short drive over to buena vista and there are more to chose from. Grab the Wells book and hit the trails. OH Yeah Fishing should still be great. it was a month ago anyway.

Be careful about going off-road in the area. Forest Service is giving out tickets to anyone who drive off the designated trails or bypasses the "road closed" signs. Seems a few people knocked down some fencing and tore up some of the wetland area. They left some huge ruts and pissed off the local rangers.

There's a huge snowbank that has the road closed from the westst side where it connects with Ridge Hill Road. Thats where people broke the fencing down and went throught the wetland areas leaving huge muddy ruts.

You can get to the lakes at the pass from the east if you follow Taylor Pass Road from Taylor Reservoir. That's a long ride, but a fun one.

Hope this helps. :sunshine:

Express Creek Road going over Taylor Pass is closed due to a deep and heavy snowbank. Forest service is giving tickets out as someone tore down the fence to go around it and created several deep ruts. I was there for two hours and they gave out ten or so of them.

Just thought I'd let everyone know the rangers in Gunnison and White River Nat Forests they're getting strict this year.

Back