• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP...Tx case shifter problem

BIG NASTY

NAXJA Forum User
I shifted into 4 LO doing some wheeling........when I went to shift back the shifter went limp and now moves back and forth freely w/o shifting so im stuck in 4 LO......Ant ideas !?!?!?!

that happen to mine when i go from R to neutral to shift the tcase so what i found i need to go from D to neutral to shift the t-case i think is the motor mounts or the one from the tranny but any ways this worked for me maybe on your case is different did you whent under to see whats wrong

Climb under there with a flash light and let us know what you see. If possible have someone work the lever back and forth while you look.

When I got under and looked.....I found that the cross shaft of the shifter linkage had came out of the slot on the transfer case side. With a little prying I managed to get it back in the slot and working. The shifter is fine but the cross shaft is still loose.

BIG NASTY said:
When I got under and looked.....I found that the cross shaft of the shifter linkage had came out of the slot on the transfer case side. With a little prying I managed to get it back in the slot and working. The shifter is fine but the cross shaft is still loose.
Mine does the same thing. The slot in mine is a plasitc "button" thing and it's worn. I need to visit the stealership and get a new one, they can't be too expensive. I'm also looking at using a collar to hold it in there.

Back