• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help to make a choice

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 xj with 20,000 miles on it. I want to lift it its my daily driver,most of my offroad will be deer hunting and hauling my gear to from the woods.Im having trouble deciding between budget boost or a 3".Already have a set of 30 inch dunlop mts,want to run stock wheels.Heres my dilema
Im afraid if i go 3 inch ill get vibes i know all jeeps are different and i may not.im also afraid if i go 2" its not gonna be enough.I m looking at a Black Diamond complete kit with shocks and LCAs rear full length AALS .If i go with the BD kit will also buy an adjustable trac bar can do the whole 3" for around 500.00 wil make my own t case drop if needed.The 2" is a BDS with coils and rear AALS cost around 300.00 Help me make a choice.Probably worried for nothing.
Any info will be helpfull

I'd toss on a 3" with new springs all around. Mine drive smooth on the highway and nice off-road here in Colorado. No complaints from any of my passengers but several compliments on the ride. One congrats on getting my rig running super.

That's my two cents. :lecture:

I have a 2001 XJ and I put a 3" lift on it. I havn't done anything else to it. I don't get any death wobble what-so-ever. I went with Rusty's 3" coils in the front and then for the rear I grabed a set of leafs out of a S-10. I left the top leaf of the xj pack and used the bottom two off of the S-10 pack to get 3"in the back. The ride is great. Then the rest of the hardware and shocks, I got from Rubicon Express through D.C. 4x4. Got it cheaper than going straight through RE and without any sales tax.

Thanks for the responce. I just priced a 3" from Rustys as well around 500 for the lift,adj track bar and lower control arms.Can also buy a Skyjacker for abouthte came money.Anybody have a prefrence on these.

I run Skyjacker and like it. What I've read is that Rusty's is much softer than the Skyjacker springs though. It depends on your preference.

Back