• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ bushwacker ?s

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Just ordered some bushwacker flares for my 2000 cherokee, and have a couple of questions. What is the best way to trim the stock door molding? Are there any good alternitaves to using the stock door moldings? I plan on following the write up at Jeepin.com, but does anyone have a write up for the 97+ cherokees?

take the door moldings off.

242380_178_full.jpg

I would rather not take them off, I like the way they look. I was thinking about if I had to take them off, painting the bottoms of the doors with the duplicolor truck bed liner, I have my bumpers painted with it and like the finish, plus it would protect the doors from rock chips.

You will have to take the front moldings off anyways before you trim. If you want to keep the long ones from the doors on you can do it that way. The rear bumper caps will definately have to come of to fit the rear flares. Once you pull them off you will see a nice gaudy tab that has three rivets on each side that holds on the bumper caps. Make sure that you drill them out and not just pull them off...I had to learn the hard way that the metal will pull out as well and you will end up with some nasty volcanos to deal with. If you end up with the volcanos anyway....they are nothing a little grinder cant fix. Then when you are all done go ahead and hit it with some bedliner...thats what I did.

mike

Back