• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Homemade???

KJR93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone has specs or has made some control arms them selves?? i have access to the machines but i'm not sure on the spec's and material needed. wondering if anyone could point me in the right directions.

looking for a 3" lift on a 93 XJ

I was wondering the bushing sizes to and were to pick up so??

Thanks

I agree with chuck....

for control arms that will see any amount of wheelin'......consider .250 wall to be your minimum.......1/2 wall on a crazy bonzo rig, and .375 juusssstttt about right.

I agree that .375 would be a good size and that OEM bushing would work good and are easy to get a hold of. But I'm still wondering on angle's and measurments, such as from hole to hole, and what not? Does anyone have a set of control arms that they can measure up for me and calculate the sizes??

Thanks for the help everyone

KJR93XJ said:
Does anyone have a set of control arms that they can measure up for me and calculate the sizes??

Factory control arms are 15.75" eye to eye. This length should be ok with the 3" lift you mentioned. It worked for mine.

CA's

I assume since your gonna build them yourself you are gonna weld them up...if that is the case go to chassis shop (www.chassisshop.com) and check into getting the parts to make you arms adjustable. That way when you decide to go bigger (and you will) you will allready have adjustable arms on your rig. That way the eye to eye measurements won't be as critical and you will find the adjustability very handy.

my 2 cents.... good luck

I agree, spend the time now and go adjustable. I was happy with 3" for about 4 months, now at 5". Build it heavy and you won't regret it!

Back