• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground chosen...

Willis

NAXJA Forum User
We've decided to stay at Kaner Flats campgound. It's not too far off of Hwy 410. Maybe Hards can give some directions? Wish I was paying attention to the mile markers on Hwy 410.

This is a first come, first serve campground, but they have around 45 spots. When I was there last weekend, maybe a little more than half were full, but, there are other campgrounds near by if we happen to get unlucky and find out most spots are full. This area has well hand pumps scattered through out the park, and small toilets facilities here and there. The toilets looked as though they were just toilets and not full functioning restrooms.

We will be reserving the group area for next year to make it easier. The NW Chapter will pay for the site, and we'll divide that cost up and include it in the event fee.

Feel free to post up any questions about the campground and such here. You'll want to bring the same stuff as if you were roughing it in the forrest.

Steve

kaner flats is on the left side of the road heading up highway 410. my best guestimate is about 3-5 miles past whistling jacks. its right on the river, a nice campground. i would suggest bringing a sledgehammer if you are using tents, as the ground gets really hard. if yall want to do a group dinner, bring a bbq, or go eat at the gold creek station....really good food. you cant miss it, its a red log cabin structure on the right side of the road. the kids can play in the river, theres some nice shallow places right along the campground where they'll be safe. bring your own firewood, if the FS is allowing fires, depends. i'm tryin to think of anything else, but really cant at the moment....there is access to the trails from the road across the river (there should be a bridge shortly before kaner flats). other that that my recollection isnt too great....havent been up in the mountains for awhile. let me know if theres anything else you guys need....i will try to help out in any way i can:)

Kris

Kaner Flat campground is on Forest road 19 approx. 1.5 miles on the right .
Forest Road 19 is 4or 5 miles west of Cliffdell and Whistlin Jacks on hwy 410.
From the EAST Hwy 410 curves to the left where F R 19 takes off.from the EAST it`s an easy RIGHT turn.
From the WEST You will be in a curvy section of Hwy 410 ,Cross a bridge over the Nachess River, Hwy 410 curves to the right; You turn LEFT onto FR19.
I`m not sure of mile markers I just know where it is.

Back