• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Lift Came!!

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
Now the hard part, wrenching. So what exaclty will i need to put the RE 4.5 SF lift on. Spring vs. strut compressor, what kind of grease, what size bolts to buy in advance, etc. Do I need a torque wrench? I have a basic mechincs tool kit, but I know it doesn't have everything.

drivelines

braeden said:
Now the hard part, wrenching. So what exaclty will i need to put the RE 4.5 SF lift on. Spring vs. strut compressor, what kind of grease, what size bolts to buy in advance, etc. Do I need a torque wrench? I have a basic mechincs tool kit, but I know it doesn't have everything.
DO a search :) THere are couple things you wanna do before: pb blaster is one of them! (especially since you're in CO). You can do coil springs without a compressor (safer actually). ANyways, torque wrench is a good idea as you don't want to overdo the bolts or not do enough. Anyways lift installs have been covered thoroughly so if you poke around you'll find all the info that you need to get started.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/45lift.html

PB Blaster should have been on there for a few days in advance. "Strut" compressor is better because it hooks up from the outside of the coils, but since you are replacing the control arms you can pop the coils in pretty easily.

Lots of PB Blaster and start trying to loosen the "BAD" ones!I did a BB on a 2000 from Ohio two weeks ago and it took about 2hours just to get the rear upper shock bolts out,it was close but they all came out!A spring compressor isnt needed since your changing out all the control arms also!
Most of all,time and patience!!!!!!!!!

Back