• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what brand gears

bradlyw

NAXJA Forum User
i'm getting ready to order up 4.88's for my axles here very soon. I have a HP-d30 up front and a d44 in the rear. what brand gears do you all suggest? TIA

Brad

I think only Superior and Genuine make RS30 gears. Given those choices, I would definately get the Superiors.

Genuine Gear stuff is not good.

CRASH

i know that there are yukons that are available too for the d30...at least the last time i checked. i may be wrong though.

Brad

Last edited:
bradlyw said:
i know that there are yukons that are available too for the d30...at least the last time i checked. i may be wrong though.

Brad

im 99% positive yukon is just a house brand. they buy what they can and package it in their boxes. my yukon 4.56 gear set was stamped dana/spicer. however i would like to know if anyone has had any other experiences with markings stamped on their gears whatever it maybe (superior, precision, yukon, etc..)

Hunter

Id go withpure "Dana",you cant go wrong.Plus your setup should be easier!

well i would go with dana/spicer parts but they dont make HP-d30 4.88's..do u all think i should go for spicer parts on the 4.88s for the d44 and do something else for the d30?

Brad

I'm looking at the exactly what bradlyw is doing. I was looking at genuine gears, mainly for the price. Why are they bad stuff? They have a lifetime warranty. I know that dosen't account for much on the trail when things go snap.

I deal with Yukon Gear stuff in Germany and have to say that i always had excellent quality. But i personally would not go to 4.88s in the D30 front because the pinion gets too small, 4.56 is the lowest i would go with a D 30 reverse.

Precision all the way. Yukon is crap, ask everyone that heard my front go pop pop at winterfest. I wish someone else made 5.38's for a hp44. Oh, and it wasn't the pinion that let loose, it was the gear.

Sean

My Yukon 4.88's said U.S. Gear on the RS set and Dana Spicer on the 8.8 set. ;)

Sean, they probably sold you the cheap, weak, value line gears because they knew about your tenderfoot wheeling style.

CRASH

Back