• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 limited brake conversion

Mountain Man

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what parts are needed to change from abs to regular brakes. As far as I know right now the front calipers and rear wheel cylinders would be the same. I know that the regular vacuum booster and master cylinder will bolt to the firewall like the abs system. the only thing I am not sure about is the proportioning valve. Also, what years would work for a vacuum booster on a 90. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Just use the standard 90 stuff and replace the booster, master & prop valve. I beleive everything else stays the same (they have done several at the Used Car Lot and I beleive thats all it takes)

I have a friend who did the conversion but his was on an 89 limited which im guessing is about the same. I will try to ask him what it took to do the conversion and get it back up on here.

Back