• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED taillights

92jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Just lettin ya'll know i finally got a set. I painted them black today, and should be wiring them up this weekend. Let me know what ya'll think of em. The pics are at the bottom of my cardomain.com webpage. If anyone knows how to post a pic here from there, please help me.

Here's the link to my page
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/628206

Everyone give me your honost thoughts about the lights as to if you like em or not. Thanks for your repsonses.

Last edited:
Here's a pic, so you don't have to go to the site
628206_7.jpg

628206_8.jpg

I've been interested in something like this myself for a while - please let us know where you found them, prices, was the company good to deal with, how they worked for you - and yep, pics of them installed if you got 'em.

:)

i just ran into a problem as to a pic of the lights on my rig. I put the lights on to just get a pic of them on, and went back inside to get the camera, and, my boss took it with him yesterday, so, no pics. I won't have access to a digital camera again till probably Monday. So, if i can get ahold of one sooner, i'll post the pics.

Also, i got them from a guy on this board here. The ones i have, he is still considering prototypes, but, is pretty sure this is what they will look like. He's on vacation for the until next week, so, even I can't get ahold of him till probably Monday. So, after they are installed, i'll let the creator know how it went, then, he'll let me know how he wants to do these.

92jeeper said:
Also, i got them from a guy on this board here. The ones i have, he is still considering prototypes, but, is pretty sure this is what they will look like. He's on vacation for the until next week, so, even I can't get ahold of him till probably Monday. So, after they are installed, i'll let the creator know how it went, then, he'll let me know how he wants to do these.

Hmmm, if it's who I think it is he's in Mexico right now. ;)

Jes

You just might know who it is then. His tractor isn't doing him much good right now though. :laugh:

I thought that fab work looked familiar.
I'm not in the market for those as I made something similar but let everyone know how they work when you get them installed. They look good.

Jes

Yeah, i like the style as well. And, I'll def. keep everyone posted as to how they work. I just gotta wire up from stock to the LED's. otherwise, they do look real good on the XJ.

I agree with that! They are solid! I painted mine semi-gloss black, so, it should match up pretty well with the custom4x4fabrication bumper. I already put the lights on, but didn't get to wire them, and, i really like the way they look.

HOnestly.. I really like em.. but here's my only negative comment about them.

The piece of metal that the XJ tail lights bolt into is pretty then and also pretty weak. As of right now, with stock brake lights, if you back into something, the outer lens will break, and some of the impact is absorbed.

With a steel box, and LED's, all youre going to do is send the impact straight into that thin, weak, piece of metal... might end up destroyed the "brake light mount" depending on what you hit, how hard, and so on.

Do i think that'd stop me from buying a set? He11 No!!

But you wanted to know what i thought, so there it is!

Thanks speedy!

Speed_racer said:
HOnestly.. I really like em.. but here's my only negative comment about them.

The piece of metal that the XJ tail lights bolt into is pretty then and also pretty weak. As of right now, with stock brake lights, if you back into something, the outer lens will break, and some of the impact is absorbed.

With a steel box, and LED's, all youre going to do is send the impact straight into that thin, weak, piece of metal... might end up destroyed the "brake light mount" depending on what you hit, how hard, and so on.

Do i think that'd stop me from buying a set? He11 No!!

But you wanted to know what i thought, so there it is!

These are not MEANT to stop damage, but to allow you to take more damage. There is an uncountable amount of people who have broken and uncountable amount of stock lights. Well, these will last much much longer! Hey and the look damn cool.

Matt

Last edited:
Speed_racer said:
oh, i know they look nice, but what happens when the metal you bolt them to is cracked and broken? what do you do then?

Id rather pay $10 for a pair of stockers 10 times then buy these and risk body damage

In the times I have/seen contact on the rear quarter the light gets broken and/or the metal takes a hit as well. Metal will not break like plastic, so in my mind, I would rather have a dented light housing raher than a flimsy plastic one. Get what I am sayin?

I do agree with you that if stuff is cracked that you might be screwed.. .but if you cant put the armored lights on, how can you put the stock ones one? :laugh3:

Matt

Back