• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What a rip-off!!!

tellicorick

NAXJA Forum User
Just called the local Jeep (Daimler-Chrysler) dealer to price some UCA bushings and shocked to find these simple rubber pieces are $30 each. Parts guy said they used to be $7. WTF? Anybody got a source for replacement stock or aftermarket (urethane) UCA bushings. I'd like to keep the ride quality as good as possible.

Muchos

tellicorick said:
Just called the local Jeep (Daimler-Chrysler) dealer to price some UCA bushings and shocked to find these simple rubber pieces are $30 each. Parts guy said they used to be $7. WTF? Anybody got a source for replacement stock or aftermarket (urethane) UCA bushings. I'd like to keep the ride quality as good as possible.

Muchos

www.RockLogic4x4.com :cheers:
Billy

Autozone. $12.00. The bushings are made by Clevite, just like the originals

Anyone know if those are the same as the axle end UCA bushings? Do XJ's and TJ's use the same UCA bushing (I have my reasons for asking :D )?

herreraxto said:
on my suspension stock theres a noise like something is loose i checked every thing do you think that the problem is the bushings

Hey, stop hijacking my hijack ;)

Is it a clunking, a clicking, a thunk, a rattle, or something else? When does it occur? When turning the wheel while not moving, when braking, when accellerating, when going over bumps, etc?

check your shocks?

Wondered when Diamler/Chrysler was going to get busy. Been dealing with them for years, mostly truck parts. They really work the parts market, artificial scarsity, order only, with few shelf parts.
They are also really fond, of monoplies, come down hard on the competition and will eventually get around to taking aftermarket parts suppliers to court for patent infringments.
They really like to control the marketplace. At 4 or 5 times the price, they can afford a bunch of lawyers.
Don´t know exactly how long it will take, but eventually, they will have a choke hold on the parts market, for there products.
But on the plus side, in fifty years, you will probably be able to get OEM parts for your Jeep. OEM parts are most always available, for every model they ever produced.
Checked on an OEM exhaust manifold for a 95 HO, the other day. Just curious, expected the price to double. But about choked, when the guy said $769.20.
I´m slowly but surely, filling up my garage with used parts.

Back