• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for zerks that are concave

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
they are like the ones that you see on some ujoints: they have no parts sticking out just the part that is concaved in. Does anyone know where can I get some?

Go check out a heavy equipment dealer, (Case, Caterpillar, ect.) I replace the zerks on my backhoe constantly, and put the "flush zerks" in where they rub dirt the most. They do seem to fill up with crud a bit more though.

logdog said:
Go check out a heavy equipment dealer, (Case, Caterpillar, ect.) I replace the zerks on my backhoe constantly, and put the "flush zerks" in where they rub dirt the most. They do seem to fill up with crud a bit more though.

One tiny bit of a problem though: I live in LA area and I have never seen a caterplillar or other heavy equipment dealer around :( Btw, I am thinking of making a small plastic cover that I'd put on the zerk to protect it from crap pushing in. Anyways the two locations where I want to put them is:
1. Tie rod end that hangs down (I know flip the tie rod, do the conversion.... that will happen later)
2. Rear driveshaft: I pressed the zerk into the dust boot and bent it up big time (the dust boot that is).

Kejtar said:
COOOL I didn't realize that they are local and next to my work! Gonna pay them a visit later on today :D
Damn.. they don't have any in stock and will have to order them from wherever......
Btw, does anyone know what is the thread on TieRod ends for the zerks?

Back