• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arms...yes, I Searched !!!

J Dubs Noling

NAXJA Forum User
:piratefla

tryin to figure out what size material i should use for the ends of my control arms in order to press in some of the factory-style rubber bushings.

i measured the o.d. of the metal sleeve (the smaller of the 2 dimensions, it kinda has a taper) on the bushing and got roughly 2 3/16. so i think this would be the i.d. i would need ?

can these be bought? or what size material should i use? i assume dom, but not sure what sizes it comes in.

thanks for any help.

J Dubs Noling said:
:piratefla

tryin to figure out what size material i should use for the ends of my control arms in order to press in some of the factory-style rubber bushings.

i measured the o.d. of the metal sleeve (the smaller of the 2 dimensions, it kinda has a taper) on the bushing and got roughly 2 3/16. so i think this would be the i.d. i would need ?

can these be bought? or what size material should i use? i assume dom, but not sure what sizes it comes in.

thanks for any help.
It's not a taper, it's actually a step and you need to machine one in the sleave. I used 1" at 2.282" and 1" at 2.245" on mine and that gave me a nice press fit.

Back