• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Case Drop

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ok so I'm getting ready to order my 3" lift, and from what i've heard i may get vibs or i may not. Would it hurt anything if i went ahead and ordered the t-case drop kit and put it in at the same time even if i don't end up having vibes? I don't think that it would cause any harm, but I'm by no means an expert, this is the first lift i've ever done on a vehicle.
Thanks
Ryan

Ryan,
I just ordered a RE 3.5" and I'm wondering the same thing. I spent most of Sat. getting nuts and bolts loose. But I have no idea how to get the front springs off (without a cutting torch) :looney: . I'm sure I'll have several questions after the kit comes in. Good luck

I just switched my 99 classic from an RE 2" Budget Boost to the 3.5" SuperFlex kit (what I should have done in the first place). I had minor vibes at 55-60mph with the 2" lift, and after installing my 3.5" (closer to 4.5") with 4 degree shims.....NO MORE VIBES. My suggestion is to install the lift first...drive it and see if you have vibrations. If you don't then you are lucky and if you do then a t-case drop is an easy install. In either case, think about saving up for a SYE and driveshaft. I'll be ordering mine shortly.

-Dave

99greenjeeper said:
My suggestion is to install the lift first...drive it and see if you have vibrations. If you don't then you are lucky and if you do then a t-case drop is an easy install. In either case, think about saving up for a SYE and driveshaft.

-Dave
Yup. That's what I'd do too.
Go ahead and get either the shims or a Tcase drop with your order, so you don't have to wait if you end up needing them. You can always save or sell them later.

it is somethin you should get. becasue once u get the 3 inch lift and if u decied to budget boost a little more, u will wish u had bought it, thats what happened for me at least. its so easy to install as well its worth the 15 buck.
just my .02

Jeep said:
Ryan,
I just ordered a RE 3.5" and I'm wondering the same thing. I spent most of Sat. getting nuts and bolts loose. But I have no idea how to get the front springs off (without a cutting torch) :looney: . I'm sure I'll have several questions after the kit comes in. Good luck

a spring compressor with help but they can be a little sketchy. yesterday i took my stock springs off and i couldnt have done it with out a few things; 1>Full droop 2>you gotta take the LCA's off at the axle 3>Twist the coil springs and magically they will be easier to get off. To put the new 3.5" coils i would suggest a spring compressor or disconecting the UCA's. HPT

i would wait you might not need the t case drop
as far as the front springs you dont need a spring compressor just disconnect the pitman arm from the front and the sway bar and shocks and the whole thing will drop enough to put in the new springs

But to me it seems like I should order it and have piece of mind for $20, instead of risking damage from vibes and the downtime waiting for the kit to arrive, as well as havign to get under the vehicle again. I would just prefer to do it all at once, unless theres a reason not to install the kit, like if it is damaging to use when you have no vibes.

Back