• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Line Install Help Please

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Searching found me nothing although I know there are some install articles. But anyways, trying to put on my R.E. SS brakelines and have ran into a problem. There is a rise in the metal where the block attaches to the calipers. Basically the mounting point is flat all the way until the end where there is a small lip. The stock block has a notch cut into it so that it fits over this lip, my R.E. brake lines do not. So what do I do short of grinding the lip off of the caliper????

Sorry, I can't help. But I'm ordering a RE kit tomorrow and I'm sure I'll need the info also. So I'll be watching this. Good luck with the install.

Yeah, my buddy and I were working on his a little bit ago. He ended up taking his to a shop to have them put on, but he is gonna snap a pic for me. He said that his block just slides up flush with that lip. But on mine the holes don't line up, so that doesn't work.......... :huh:

Install the fitting with the brake line going up instead of toward the rear with the long side of it parallel with the lip on the caliper. It will fit nicely.

If I could ever get into my damn host I would post a pic of this.

Back