• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the road again! (Pics)

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I got her on the road again. Front axle is fully connected, no vibes on teh road, rear discs are done, I took out the O ring to start- and the brakes are bled, and the steering is solid! Still need to rebleed the brakes, and put in the gears in teh back.
Heres some pics:
Axle needs to be centered a little better.
MVC-044F.jpg

Steering angles looking pretty good
MVC-045F.jpg

Track bar lengthened and sleeved
48.jpg

Rear discs in
MVC-046F.jpg

New wheels and purdy Superior shafts
49.jpg

Hubs and ACOS
47.jpg

On my test run the brakes were real mushy, I took out the O ring in the prop valve to see if the cheaper method would work. So I will bleed them again and see if that helps. If not I will install the vette MC and prop valve. I am also thinking about just doing a combo valve from a ZJ or a RUbi though....any thoughts or opinions on this?
Also had a little DW on fast left hand turns. Checked the track bar and its tight, what could cause this? I am gonna throw in the steering stabilizer since I worked out the clearance issue so that should wrap it up. No real bumpsteer to speak of. All in all a good install. Thanks to all who helped. I appreciate it! Shuld have all the bugs worked out before Attica!
josh

Looks good man, couple questions:

Are you getting a noticeable dead spot in your steering? I had originally planned to run that steering setup, but a friend of mine runs it on his WJ and has a horrid dead spot in the steering so I went with a seperate tie-rod/draglink setup.

What rear discs are you running?

OH, and FYI, I went and picked up the E-350 MC and went to do a little last minute research on PBB before the install and it turns out this MC only works with the older single diaphram booster. It won't work with our dual diaphram boosters. I ordered the Dodge 3500 MC which should be here Thursday and aside from a little clearancing on the combo valve bracket, should bolt right in and work perfectly(or so everyone says). The downside is that retail on this MC is $100. I have access to a commercial account at the parts store where the parts guy is able to set the price, and I have a friend who works behind the counter, so I'm getting it for $50, but it still sucks compared to the $15 I paid for the E-350.

Ary

Thanks Ary, it was a good time, my wife is glad the garage is finally cleaned up!
As faras your question go. I do not have a dead spot at all! It is really responsive, especially compared to my stock setup at 7" of lift! So anything could be better than that. But I have really not noticed any dead spots whatsoever.
I am running grand cherokke discs, work great.
Good to konw about teh E350. I am going to wait and hear how yours does with teh 3500, and I am waiting to hear from a buddy that put teh vette MC in his TJ which has the same style booster as ours. So, if he can tell me how he got it to seal up, I am going to put it in. I already have it and everything. It was only $23 at napa, so I am not loosing a lot of money or anything, jsut wanna make sure it can work!
So, let me know your results when you get it in, I am really curious to hear how it goes!
josh

jjvande said:
how did removing the o-ring work out for your brakes?

any improvements?

LOOKS SWEET :party: :party:

I did this(I'm running half-ton front chevy calipers and monte-carlo front calipers in the rear) and now my rear brakes lock up like crazy but my fronts don't do chit. This is why I'm going to the Dodge MC.

Ary

Back