• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need manly-man help

SeanP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I got the old engine out and tried to get the new one in and mated up to the tranny tonite. This is definately a three person job. My goal is to get the engine to mate up to the tranny, rather than removing the tranny, driveline, TC, crossmemer, longarms fitting the engine then attaching those other things.

I could use a couple of guys next tuesday, the 9th after 6PM to help me man-handle this thing into position. Any volunteers? Should take a couple of hours. Beers and pizza provided. Extra labor will be put too work rebuilding my ARB :roll:

Have a great 4th everybody!
SeanP

I'm in Sacramento, near Sac State, downtown. Reno is a long haul for you but I appreciate the effort. Maybe some of out local boys will chime in here? :wink:

SeanP

I would, but I've got a hearing that day that is going to run late into the night.....

Get that thing in for Fordyce on the 12th......

CRASH

ManlyManHelp

I would be glad to help. I'll be out of town this weekend , but I will check back to the forum on monday to see if everything is still a go and get directions.

Byron

I'm not one of the biggest guys around, but i can help if you need it.

You might just get experience pulling long arms and crossmember to pull the tranny if'n we don't get the engine to mate up properly. 6PM at my house at 5204 Carrington Street in Sacramento. Mapquest can get you a good map.

Sounds kinda [color=darkred:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=red:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=orange:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=green:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=cyan:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=blue:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c][color=indigo:7651aa8f9c]=[/color:7651aa8f9c]!![color=#444444:7651aa8f9c][/color:7651aa8f9c] :lol: :shock:

Damn, Sean, it's a shame to hear that you have to remove your long arms to install a new motor. :lol: Who helped you design that setup? So, you have to put the Jeep on a hoist so you can remove the front suspension, then you have to get the engine hoist to put the motor in......are you pulling the whole front off so you can reach it?

Just kidding. I hope it all comes together for you so you can wheel without having to do so much wrenching. Hope to see you, your wife, and the poodles somewhere this summer,

Richard G

[quote:49072ab6aa="Goatman"]Damn, Sean, it's a shame to hear that you have to remove your long arms to install a new motor. :lol: Who helped you design that setup? So, you have to put the Jeep on a hoist so you can remove the front suspension, then you have to get the engine hoist to put the motor in......are you pulling the whole front off so you can reach it?

Just kidding. I hope it all comes together for you so you can wheel without having to do so much wrenching. Hope to see you, your wife, and the poodles somewhere this summer,

Richard G[/quote:49072ab6aa]

Damn Presidential Smart Alecs. Yep, the longarms make dropping the tranny more of a chore. I wonder who helped me design that "feature", who could it be :roll:

We'll be seeing you next weekend.

SeanP

BTW, I am back from Seattle. Wrenching commences on tuesday at 6PM. Can the volunteers (victims) please confirm? Pizza and beer provided.

SeanP

looks like I will be able to show up for a little while, probably won't make it till 7 ish though.

ok, so I'm a few days late, and I've got a few days drive, but I'm unemployed so I got all the time I want :D still need help?

[quote:82e36bc333="brent"]ok, so I'm a few days late, and I've got a few days drive, but I'm unemployed so I got all the time I want :D still need help?[/quote:82e36bc333]

Borton, is that you? How you doin?

[quote:c75cacb218="SeanP"][quote:c75cacb218="brent"]ok, so I'm a few days late, and I've got a few days drive, but I'm unemployed so I got all the time I want :D still need help?[/quote:c75cacb218]

Borton, is that you? How you doin?[/quote:c75cacb218]
yea, and not bad, still no work, but thenI've had tons of time to do all this yardwork/landscaping I've been putting off.

Back