• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp front tow point

mn_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Strength and clearance most important factors. What are the favorite brand Front receivers for 97+ xj? Ben

i have both the hidden hitch and the drawtite items.. they both secure to the frame with 6 bolts.. the hidden uses 1 swaybar bolt and another pre existing threaded hole and the drawtite uses BOTH swaybar bolts.. both require drilling 2 holes and using carriage bolts and square sandwich plates .... the hidden hitch has the box mounted BELOW the crossbar and it hangs way too low for any serious wheling, i had min ecut and channeled into the crossbar, the drawtite is constructed with the box already channeled into the crossbar... the drawtitie is a much lower profile and physically heavier than the hidden' but the hidden has a larger frame that could easily be "boxed" to become a very strong front skid plate... the hidden' is under $100 but requires modification and the drawtite will run about $130... the $$ difference was made up by having my hidden' modified and reinforced... of the 2 i like the drawtite better... here is a little info i picked up from my local drawtite dealer.. it seems that hiddenhitch AND drawtite were both bought less than a year ago by another LARGER company.. i would guess that as they consolidate they will chose only 1 of the 2 different designs when they need to begin producing more.... most likely the easiest one to make will be the winner in that battle... this is speculation but i would expect that one of them will eventually be discontinued...
another thing to keep in mind when you install it.. check the hardware they supply with the hitch because the hiddenhitch came with a universal bolt kit that DID NOT match the threads in the frame of the XJ.... the swaybabr bolts are also used in other places on the frame.. get your own bolts for it....

mike

Last edited:
Or you could go with a tomken front bumper that has a two hitch built into the center of the bumper. Big slab of steel, I just got a rear one and am waiting for a break in the rain so the driveway can drain a bit so I can work outside and install it.

Back