• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build cost for a waggy 44 front.

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Whos done it and how much did it end up costing you.

I've already got suspension and the axle itself. I'm just seeing if my numbers match everyone elses. I'm gunna run 5.13's and use a lunchbox locker. I have no problem with used equipment.

So far:
Axle - $100.00 New brakes and Balljoints are already on it.
Chevy Flat tops both sides - $70.00
Machinig?
Gears?
Install?
Locker?
Highsteer?

I cant think of anything else.

csudman said:

I've already got suspension and the axle itself. I'm just seeing if my numbers match everyone elses. I'm gunna run 5.13's and use a lunchbox locker. I have no problem with used equipment.

So far:
Machinig?
Gears?
Install?
Locker?
Highsteer?

RE TJ bracket kit?
Having it welded on?
New track bar?

Few things to add to your list.
Dan.
PS I'm in the process of going full width. :thumbup:

Hey Trndrvr we need pics!!!! Are you going 9" rear and 44 front. If so are you using radius arms? C'mon spill the beans, I need info since I will be scoring a set of Bronco axles myself very soon. Full width coming soon.===Kyle

P.S. I never used that front skid I bought from you a long time ago. As a matter of fact I sold the cherokee I could have put it on, and the skid is sitting in the shed still unscathed. Thanks Trndrvr=-=formerly Manontrain.

csudman said:

So far:
Machinig?
Gears?
Install?
Locker?
Highsteer?

contact Joe @ http://www.endlessmtnfab.com/

Maybe I wasnt clear enough, I'll be doin all the fab work myself. Buddys got a miller 175 and can setup gears. I designed, cut and installed all my rails and bumpers, so I'm not worried about suspesion at all. I'm more interested in actual parts cost. Wheres the best deal for this stuff?

csudman said:
Maybe I wasnt clear enough, I'll be doin all the fab work myself. Buddys got a miller 175 and can setup gears. I designed, cut and installed all my rails and bumpers, so I'm not worried about suspesion at all. I'm more interested in actual parts cost. Wheres the best deal for this stuff?

contact Joe @ http://www.endlessmtnfab.com/
for best prices

offroadman83 said:
Hey Trndrvr we need pics!!!! Are you going 9" rear and 44 front. If so are you using radius arms? C'mon spill the beans, I need info since I will be scoring a set of Bronco axles myself very soon. Full width coming soon.===Kyle
No pics yet. Going 9" in the rear and HP d44 in the front. Both out of a 1/2 ton Ford. HP d44 front will have the RE TJ bracket kit, which is already out in the garage. Just getting together all the parts to do it.

offroadman83 said:
P.S. I never used that front skid I bought from you a long time ago. As a matter of fact I sold the cherokee I could have put it on, and the skid is sitting in the shed still unscathed. Thanks Trndrvr=-=formerly Manontrain.
Man, you've a better memory than I do. How long ago did I sell that to you?

Thanks,
Dan.

I'd say you sold it at least two years ago to me. Anyways, get some pics up when you get the chance or send them to my email at [email protected], and I will oogle over them. I can't wait to get mine, but unfortunately I will have to use radius arms for my front once I can get it put together.----Kyle

The little crap adds up fast.

Ball-joints: $100
New wheel bearings: $100
Hysteer arms: $150
Steering links: $150(I had mine made by Tim at www.shakerbuilt.com)
Gear setup: $150-250 depending on who you get to do it
Gears: $100
Carrier: $40 for stock open carrier to match deeper ratio gears, $400+ for full-carrier locker
New lockouts: $80-100(Waggy's had driveslugs, right?)

All in all I spent a LOT of money on my front axle, but it's done right, and except for the knuckles and spindles all the parts are new.

Ary

BTW, why spend all this money on a Waggy 44 and still have a LP axle?

me:

$90 for axle
$free for Chevy hubs/lockouts (friend)
$50? new calipers/pads
$50 custom braided stainless brakelines
$70 used 4.88s
$125 flattop passenger side knuckle, milled, drilled, tapped, w/ new balljoints
$90 partsmike crossover arm
$50 TREs and tube for draglink
$2 plate the diff cover
$2 cut and turn the knuckles

and the killer:

$550 ARB

crap, I just added that up, almost $1100. and I never took it to a shop, did it all myself or with friends and got good deals on lots of parts.

Back