• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some other cool hood vents

I've seen those before, but somehow they don't do it for me aesthetically (How's THAT for a big word, XJZ? :p ) The LeBaron vents are more squared, and seem to reflect the lines of the XJ that way, as long as your XJ has squared lines still and hasn't been rock-beaten. If that's the case, whatever you want to install is fair game...

jdinmd said:
yeah those lebaron ones are nice like this

http://www.ericsxj.com/vents.htm
Yup! That's the route I'm taking with mine if my friend can get into the garage to find out where they've been lost...I need to find time and place to do it as well but I want to make sure I make a drip pan - snow or rain on a hot engine doesn't sound like a good combo to me.

The ZJ 5.7L vents looked 'right' for that TJ though...again, somehting about the roundness of the vehicle. I'm about as color-unmatched and unfashionable as they get, but that's just the way those vents strike me. Go figger....

these are really cool. But I think if i do it i want it to kind of look factory and like you said i dont want water driping on a hot exhaust manifold.

$225, thats a lot. I can see why it would cost so much, but I would rather have a couple of the lebaron vents instead. :idea: why don't we run no hoods and then we will run really cool?

for those of you who have seen comanches you will know of the vents behind the doors, i haven't figured out a perfect placement but even just mocked up they look real neat, however they are small and i don't know how much air they might flow.

Mike

I think the GC vents are controlled by a thermostat. That's why they cost so much. HTH. JIM.

Yucca-Man said:
I've seen those before, but somehow they don't do it for me aesthetically (How's THAT for a big word, XJZ? :p ) The LeBaron vents are more squared, and seem to reflect the lines of the XJ that way, as long as your XJ has squared lines still and hasn't been rock-beaten. If that's the case, whatever you want to install is fair game...

Perfect! :thumbup: As soon as you can get "permeate" in a post (that one may be passe by now), you'll be getting a call from the editors at JP. :phone:

:)

Grand Prix... Nothing fancy... about $60...

vent4.jpg

Scored a motorcycle radiator fan on ebay for $10... moves major air...

vent6.jpg

The Hood vents on that TJ aren't off of a ZJ, they are off a 94-96 Grand Prix GTP. I found that guy's personal page when I was searching for vents for my 91. I just installed them last week and personally I think they look very clean and do go well with the XJ lines. I don't have any pictures up on the web yet, but if anyone is curious what they look like in black on a dark blue 91 hood, let me know and I'll get them up quicker.

Hey Robs, You don't happen to have detailed pics of the motorcycle fan hookup? Detailed write-up maybe. I really like that idea. I was going to use a inline fan from a boat, but I didn't think it would fit.

Sweet White XJ - looks too nice to take offroad. Thanks for the info guys, I need to install vents in my Texas (hotter than all get out) Jeep.

ya robs that is a great idea :cheers:

robs - Details? Is the fan switched, or run on a thermal switch, or what? Why the passenger side instead of over the intake/exhaust manifolds?

Putting a fan under the pass side vent is a great idea (I'd like to do that also). Why the pass side vs driver side?... Well the driver side is quite effective as is, being right above the intake manifold - lotsa heat comes right out. The passenger side one however only draws about half the amount of heat (guestimate) through, so it could use so help. Plus you've got more room under the passenger side vent to work with...

Back