• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Lift??

K_2

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I need to know if I can add more lift to my XJ. I have a '99 sport, with a 4.5" Rough Country lift. I want to know what I need to do to add a 1.75" coil spacer and shackle kit. My current lift includes, Front -- lengthened coil springs, relocation blocks for the swaybar and trak bar, new lower control arms Transfercase -- 1" lowering blocks on the T-case support Rear -- add a leaf spring, 2" lift blocks, new u-bolts, and relocated brake line mounts.
I need to know if I'll need to do any major work to put on this minor lift just for some more space. I'm curious especially about the upper control arms, transfercase and drive shaft angle and length, and trak bar. Does anyone know how or if these things might be affected by adding this lift to increase my height to 6.25"? Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Ultimately it depends on what you already have done to those other components.

For sure it will have an effect - whether it'll be bad or not is open.

Do you have an SYE kit installed? As for the UCA's, I'd guess (because I don't actually know) that they will need replacing if they are still the stock units.

...and be careful with that big a lift block in the rear - big blocks can be scary if they get spit out from under the spring...

Back